• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Milestone Reached In My Project - Body Work (Pic heavy)

rapandi

Really nice job!  Looking at it I'm liable to go do something stupid like restore my other car.  I love the smell of paint thinner in the morning.

• Like 1

Mike Katsoris CCA#13294                                                

74 InkaGangster 4281862

2016 Porsche Boxster Spyder,    2004 BMW R1150RT,  
76 Estorilblau 2740318                      

5 hours ago, mike472 said:

Really nice job!  Looking at it I'm liable to go do something stupid like restore my other car.  I love the smell of paint thinner in the morning.

There is something about that scent of a freshly painted car. The whole garage smells of it. I like it too!

Raj

1972 BMW 2002 Tii - Golf Yellow

20 hours ago, jgerock said:

Shell now for sale???

Hahaha.... You know when I was posting the photos  I just had a gut feeling someone is going to make a mention of this - cracked me up!  Thanks for the compliment 

Raj

16 hours ago, joysterm said:

Great pics and a fantastic result.  BTW.....how nervous were you watching it came off the trailer?

I was really really nervous! Its not even funny. To the point I think I annoyed the driver with my paranoia. But he was really chilled about it and totally understood. Actually the day it got delivered to my house was a public holiday. The driver wasn't going to take any jobs but when I called him and told him it was a restoration project he straight away said yes. He is a restoration enthusiast himself. We must have spent about 30mins unloading it carefully and making sure the car wouldn't bottom out as it came of the trailer or for that matter hit the timber lintel of the garage at the top.

All went well - we planned well.

Raj