• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BAT-What'll it go for?-- '72 Tii-- 20 Hrs.to go

mac

Prices are still all over the map. It depends on whose browsing and maybe some friends are up-bidding to get higher prices for less-than-stellar vehicles.  I cannot believe some of the other makes on BaT that follow this zig-zag pricing trend.  

I fear I am done buying another 2002 due to the higher buy-in cost and rising parts prices.........

But then again, there seem to be lots still out there for a reasonable price if discovered and not put on social media.  A scruffy driver that is clean and reliable would be a possible next project car for me.  I would even entertain a squarelight car in Amazon green or Pacific blue.

• Like 2

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

12 minutes ago, jgerock said:

I fear I am done buying another 2002 due to the higher buy-in cost and rising parts prices........

I agreed completely.  For those of us that have been in the game a long time, it's hard to adjust to the higher prices.  Since I'm an old BMW car hoarder I'm not sure if it's better to have my current stable going up in price like crazy or have the prices stay down so I can buy more and get the therapy I need.

BTW, the first thing that popped out at me about that BaT tii was that it didn't look like a life-long CA car.

Edited by dang

I've been in my house for 15 years and couldn't stand a chance at buying it in todays market.

I've had my 2002 for 4 years and couldn't afford to buy one at todays prices, just hopin I never "have" to sell it.

IMG_9959.thumb.JPG.915d9218bb045b8244304f8c2b253b7c.JPG

• Like 2

I don't take myself or opinions Seriously

My 4th 2002 and the first set of Square Tail-Lights

See the 4 versions of my 2002 project here: SoCal S2002 | Facebook

17 hours ago, saaron said:

Now that the '76 is going into that big zip lock bag ("don't even look at it, please") are you going to start the Malaga / Pink one?  I think you should just get the M/P one operational, and wash it every other weekend, and pretty soon it will be original color.  

I'm a helper, 

Scott

I suspect, Scott, that a good steam cleaning would remove much of the Malaga, but the nosepiece has been replaced — it must have been a used one as it’s a snorkel-free tii nosepiece (!) — as has the the hood and left front fender, and I’m confident none of those is Inka under the Malaga. I’m actually contemplating not re-painting the luggage compartment and two of the wheel wells — because they show very good original paint — but carefully removing the remaining Malaga in those areas.  We’ll see what happens when I’m actually on that slippery slope of the Big Re-Paint....

Best regards,

Steve

2C681A5D-548F-4016-AD9C-48072BBEB9AD.jpeg

Edited by Conserv
  • Like 1

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

I've been waiting for the right moment to introduce this "find"and assure the FAQ community that there ARE still bargains out there for under $10,000! :rolleyes:

https://www.classic-trader.com/ch/automobile/inserat/bmw/02er/2002/1973/85925

• Like 1

1972 BMW Inka 2002Tii  ?

1974 BMW Turkis 3.0 CSi ?

1972 MBZ Weiss 280SE 4.5 

2006 BMW Cobalt 530i (38,700 m original)

1 hour ago, Swiss 2002Tii said:

I've been waiting for the right moment to introduce this "find"and assure the FAQ community that there ARE still bargains out there for under $10,000! :rolleyes:

https://www.classic-trader.com/ch/automobile/inserat/bmw/02er/2002/1973/85925

Indeed, those rear wheel wells look solid!

Best regards,

Steve

(The two late OEM alloy rims are interesting.  Are they 5” (2002) versions, 5 1/2” (e21) versions, or 6” (factory turbo option) versions?)

Edited by Conserv

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)