• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

found/solved visor clip

71bmr02

Don't know how but i managed to lose one of my visor clips.  I removed them to clean the headliner and apparently gremlins got to one of them.  Any help appreciated for a used one or a lead to a new or NOS supplier, I really don't want to use the later plastic type. 

Thanks

Gale H

DSC02466.JPG.96e3d416e9d6a456a7e019d8a482fc61.JPGDSC02465.JPG.9d73d33e6a8f038c7efee68dbd220f04.JPG

Edited by 71bmr02

Gale H.

71 2002 daily driver

70 2002 malaga (pc)

83 320i (pc)

Paul, mine is a march 71 car, those clips were in it when I bought it and I assumed they are original equipment.  I suspected when I put this request up they would be near unobtainium but I would sure like to find one or  get specific information that they are not original to the car.  they are the only ones of this type I've seen.  maybe a po changed them out for some reason

Gale H.

71 2002 daily driver

70 2002 malaga (pc)

83 320i (pc)

8 hours ago, 71bmr02 said:

Paul, mine is a march 71 car, those clips were in it when I bought it and I assumed they are original equipment.  I suspected when I put this request up they would be near unobtainium but I would sure like to find one or  get specific information that they are not original to the car.  they are the only ones of this type I've seen.  maybe a po changed them out for some reason

I don’t know if those metal clips are OEM, but I have seen them on a few visor clips in my stash; they are inserts, which fit inside the plastic portion of some visor clips (to strenghten the unit, I presume). If you’re intent on sticking with the terminator style metal clip, send a message. -KB

Thanks all.  I never bothered to look at the underside of the holder but it makes sense there would be some type of reinforcement for the plastic.  I'll pull a couple of plastic holders and use them to keep it original.

Gale H

Gale H.

71 2002 daily driver

70 2002 malaga (pc)

83 320i (pc)

• 2 weeks later...