• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pirelli CN36 Cinturato Tires 185/70r/13

doza59

On 8/19/2022 at 2:39 PM, markmac said:

No personal experience with the Michelin XAS', I have read a from a few folks that they are super soft (apparently the FF <formula france> rubber wears really quickly with 'spirited' driving).  I was curious as well with the Dunlop SP AquaJet's.

I’ve run XAS’s since 1973 and have never exceeded 35,000 miles on one — yes, I’ve heard of others getting up to 70,000 miles, but that would not be me! ? The XAS’s currently on my ‘76 have about 5,000 miles on them, and little visible wear. But, with 2014 manufacturing dates, they will likely be coming off in 2024… ??

Four little contact patches are the only thing between your car and a crash: don’t take chances with tires!

Best regards,

Steve

• Thanks 1

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

Steve's right ,you may never think you're going to performance drive your car until that SUV pulls out right in front of you. Don't go cheap on tires, ever, you life might be depending on the 4 little patches of rubber some day.

Edited by Son of Marty

If everybody in the room is thinking the same thing, then someone is not thinking.

George S Patton 

Planning the Normandy Break out 1944

I have both the CN36’s and the Vreds. CN36 on a 2002 and Vreds on an E3. Like both. Both grip well compared to Conti/Michelin all season tires.Way better. Vreds are quiet and smooth. Can’t comment on CN’s. Car has stainless exhaust, dual 45’s and Stage 2 suspension. Maybe more comments once I get the car back with Eibachs/Billy HDs (B6).

Now, the CN36s are cooler looking. But, the Vreds look okay. Lots of the criticism I read about those were leveled at the look. Unless you’re staring at the tires and scrutinizing them, I don’t see the issue. They look fine.

Oh, and, both roll.

• Like 1