• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Why-o-why did the Brits design such beautiful cars in the 50s and 60s?

H E L P

13 hours ago, H E L P said:

Abe, you call that ugly? I don't know man. The coupe version of one of those is just rolling art in British racing green and biscuit interior. Now,more liability wise it's a different story but design wise the Brits really designed some pretty cars. 

HELP.....to clarify.  I just did not find the BAT car four door that attractive so I was not sure if you were being sarcastic  I responded with my beautiful E and turned it around.  Then,  I am partial to 2 door convertibles.
abe

Edited by abe2002tii
  • Like 1

because some employed Italian designers

you beat me to it...

some of the most gorgeous cars ever came out of the late 50's and early 60's European design houses...

t

• Like 1

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

12 hours ago, zinz said:

I do like the Sunbeam Alpine a la Tiger B)

IMG_9276.JPG.d7d9dc76f7a68858cce585e2d9b655e6.JPG

Ed

Ed, you beat me to it. 

My father had a Triumph 2500 PI with an overdrive gearbox. I can remember my dad being in a massive rush once and getting me to look out the back for police cars while he put his foot down on the motorway. Warp speed (or it certainly felt like it). 

rtheriaque wrote:

Carbs: They're necessary and barely controlled fuel leaks that sometimes match the air passing through them.

My build blog:http://www.bmw2002faq.com/blog/163-simeons-blog/

20 hours ago, NickVyse said:

The USA will get the last laugh when Tesla kills off BMW!

Them are Fightin words, shall we step outside? Elon is kinda busy with Rockets and Flame throwers. He is a little off with his losing money car business?

• Like 1

Happy Trails to u~ Dave Miller
76 Golf~Rhiannon~BM Mascot~*~97 328is~Silver Ghost~*~68 1600~Wisperin Beast~*~70-02~Bumble Beast~*~76 02~Beast~

Keep smilin all the way

20 hours ago, NickVyse said:

The USA will get the last laugh when Tesla kills off BMW!

Them are Fightin words, shall we step outside? Elon is kinda busy with Rockets and Flame throwers. He is a little off with his losing money car business?

Happy Trails to u~ Dave Miller
76 Golf~Rhiannon~BM Mascot~*~97 328is~Silver Ghost~*~68 1600~Wisperin Beast~*~70-02~Bumble Beast~*~76 02~Beast~

Keep smilin all the way