• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Went to Dave Varco to get webbing for my recaros and

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

also the knobs for the seat, even him has to get a 02 with some rust, he got the one he is going to fix to keep, full teardown new front clip and many other things and he said to me thaat the clean ones are really hard to find. He inspected this one for over 2 hours to make sure that thre weren't any bad surprises anywhere like the last one.

Guest Anonymous

I guess I'm lucky then... If a shell that needs a front clip is good, then I must have a really nice example of an 02. I got it from the original owner, with EVERY record, window sticker, a factory new '87 casting date engine with 25k on it, and ST/bilstein suspension for $2350. The only rust that needs to be repaired is some rust at the seem of the front fender, but fenders are easy. It's not even that bad.

Feeling Lucky,

Elliot

p.s. I went and played at this sonoma county blues society jam tonight, and the best part of it was driving home in my 02. I love these cars. Goodnight.

Guest Anonymous

I picked up one of the cars I have been after for a while, a 72 sunroof tii. Car was really clean (only visible rust was the spare tire well and the leading lower edge of the quarter panel...) it has some other issues, but hey, the price was right (around $700 or so) and I am a restorer, so no big deal, right?

Well, of course even I can get bit in the ass. (which is probably deserved!) I pull the interior

and discover a hole in the firewall on the passenger side. Basically a 2inch hole where the framerail hits the wall...oh well. Then, I discover a nice hole in the passenger side lower a-pillar (where the front wheel throws up all the nasties into the nice cavity. Now naturally I am wondering if the car needs rockers...which it probably does, and then this naturally leads to the question of what the inner rocker panels look like...

So now, after discovering this rust, I must find joy where I can. The car is really original, and has never seen a welding torch since it left the factory, so at least I wont have to undo many prior sins...

Sadly,

Matt

SportsCar+GT Restoration