• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How much would you pay

Guest Lalfa

Hello fellow enthusiasts

I am about to pull the trigger on a 76 Inka Orange 2002. The car is an hour's flight away so I thought I'd post here for some guidance before I go check it. It looks clean from the pictures and the seller claims its got about 60K on the clock. Manual transmission. Mechanically perfect. Interior is supposedly in very good condition. Has an aftermarket Remus exhaust. No A/C.

What do you guys think? seller is asking for 9,300 dollars. Shipping and paper work will cost another grand or so. Worth it?

15fmc1l.jpg2zz12qu.jpgxf80ur.jpg90395z.jpg2vrvl9e.jpg2wf8wu0.jpg

Looks clean. Overspray under the hood...Fresh paint can hide lots of sins.

Euro bumpers are expensive addition by themselves. 

He's got some other nice looking classic BMWs... obviously knows something about them. 

Looks pretty good to me from 6 pictures  :)

Ed

Edited by zinz

'69 Granada... long, long ago  

'71 Manila..such a great car

'67 Granada 2000CS...way cool

Looks clean and shiny. My second 2002 back in 1981 was Inka

I am curious if it is really a 76 model year... Get the VIN and decoded (easy)

Usually on 76 Ignition coil mounted towards front of passenger side inner fender

Windshield washer reservoir bracket on inner fender of passenger side? that is not 76

Never seen air cleaner routed over valve cover and towards snorkel

Radiator shroud missing

Back plate for mounting license plate and  those lights are aftermarket

something about all those wires and the connections by those relays on the left

imageproxy2.jpg.7acf0c47f707bafb48b5c1e525d9f814.jpg

• Like 1

76 2002 Sienabraun

2015 BMW F10

Thanks for the replies guys. I just asked for the VIN and checked. Indeed it is a 1976 1502 M10.

The car was registered as a 2002 by mistake it seems. There aren't many of those where I'm from and my knowledge is somewhat limited so I couldn't tell the difference really.

I still like it though. Just not sure if its worth the money they are asking. Is the 1502 regarded as less worthy than the 2002?

No front or rear fender reflectors or lights. No chrome belt trim. I bet hat car has had body work done. Check it carefully. Holes have been filled where the lights and belt trim was. 

Looks clean but not original.

1974 2002 Tii-SOLD

1978 911SC Coupe

1988 Landcruiser

2020 M2 CS

BTW the car is a Japanese import. I thought I mentioned this in my original post but I didn't. Not sure if it makes any difference looks wise though. 

15 minutes ago, NYNick said:

No front or rear fender reflectors or lights. No chrome belt trim. I bet hat car has had body work done. Check it carefully. Holes have been filled where the lights and belt trim was. 

Looks clean but not original.

The 1502 did not have beltline trim.  It was a very basic model.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

If you are in California it has to pass smog.

• Like 1

Andrew Wilson
Vern- 1973 2002tii, https://www.bmw2002faq.com/blogs/blog/304-andrew-wilsons-vern-restoration/ 
Veronika- 1968 1600 Cabriolet, Athena- 1973 3.0 CSi,  Rodney- 1988 M5, The M3- 1997 M3,

The Unicorn- 2007 X3, Julia- 2007 Z4 Coupe, Ophelia- 2014 X3, Herman- 1914 KisselKar 4-40

It could very well be. The seller didn't say. Assuming it is though, is the price still reasonable if my inspection shows the body and the rest of the car to be in the condition that the seller is claiming it to be? Also, would it be feasible to upgrade the engine to 2002 spec?

1502 with stock 2bbl carb ?  

I've never seen one of those, but what do I know  !!

Nut (fka weevil)

My Claim To Fame - Worked On Harmon Fisher's Car !!! Yes the infamous 2002 F !!!

# 1 72 '02 Malaga, # 2 72 '02 Colorado, # 3 72 '02 Blue, # 4 72 '02 Malaga, # 5 72 tii, # 6 68 1602, # 17 68/76 '02 Custom Red, # 28 74 '02 Brown Metallic, 72 3.0 Csi, 73 3.0Csi, 80 735 Euro, 728 Parts Car