• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1976 BMW 2002 (Not affilated with seller)

biiemu3

Price: $3500

Description:

**Not affiliated with seller**

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/cto/d/1976-bmw-2002/6519388315.html

"1976 BMW 2002, 4-cyl. 1990cc/145hp 2bbl

My beautiful imperfect '02 is up for sale. This car is a great opportunity to own a part of automotive history. It needs a owner who is willing to put a bit of time and effort into some body work, the car will reward you with many positive attributes like a clean interior and strong mechanicals. This car, when cleaned up would fetch a significantly higher price. Read on and see for yourself, the fundamentals are good and this is car with many features.

I have had the car since 1995, and have used it as my sole transportation for most of those years and drive it daily until recently, its true though, I live less than 10 miles from work.

In 2011'ish I rear-ended a Miata, I wasn't going quickly so the damage was confined. The insurance company replaced the hood, kidney, front nose clip, radiator (plastic alum upgrade) and electric fan, no other damage, the fender did to sustain even a stress fracture.

It's a special car with many 'period' upgrades and thoughtful details. It was restored between 2001 and 2002, so the body was straight and rust free in those days with new rubber, door seals, seal around the lights, trunk etc. I removed the reflectors and door bumpers strips and collapsed the bumper shocks so the bumper are close to the body giving the car a more 'Euro spec look' and I added euro turn signals. The car was 'jadegrun' from the factory and remains that colour.

Engine & Drivetrain upgrades;

A refined throttle linkage connects a 2bbl syncronous 38/38 downdraft with carefully selected jetting. A port matched manifold with the webbing painstakingly cut out and then powder coated
Super Sprint SS headers & resonator
Aggressive cam, still idles well, and pulls strongly from 2,500 up, revs freely
10:1 compression pistons (engine built by TopEnd Performance)
Upgraded alum/ plastic radiator with electric cooling fan, the car never overheats, with a circuit open/ closed indicator,
A precision rebuilt mechanical advanced distributor (I have the curve graph if you are interested) and it has an Electronic ignition system (pertronix)
Baffled oil pan (from TopEnd Performance)
Smooth 5 speed transmission, cruises 100kms at just under 3,000rpm
High volume low pressure electric fuel pump (Carter) flows through a Filter King regulator

Brakes and Suspension upgrades;

Volvo turbo callipers with BMW 10.25" vented rotors
Rear brakes have 320i drums (they keep up with the front brakes)
Braking bias is achieved with an 'reservoir on top' 5 series master cylinder (front and back balance is dialed in)
HR springs lower the car a bit
Shock tower braces front and back
Relocated optima battery in the trunk
Spax shocks with adjustable damping front and back "

Edited by biiemu3

17 hours ago, bcthomas122279 said:

I bought this but haven’t taken delivery yet since I’m in nw arkansas....hope I didn’t get ripped off.

trust me you got a great deal even at $3,500! I'm local and was interested even with smog issues.  let me know if you want to make a few hundred box!  

25 minutes ago, mbausa2001 said:

Sorry to hear that.  If you need help locally let me know.  

The name I got from the seller  was Clayton Rupert. I did a reverse caller ID and got the name Shawn Smith from Santa Clarita. 

The vins from the 73 inka and 76 jadegrun that I bought from him

His #

‭+1 (661) 388-7257‬

19a115b7-9760-47c1-af9f-560c2d06e095_zps6ad53ab7.jpg

73 M2 evolving project

77 Datsun 620 king cab hauler

09 XR1200

77 XS650

78 SR500

half dozen ct70s

other wheeled madness