• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Found some Awesome Rockers!

Guest Jose

Hey everyone,

I just received some AWESOME rocker arms from KM Cams in Sweden.  I ordered them on Sunday, and they were at my doorstep yesterday!  Here is a link to the product page.

BMW_M10_KM_CAMS_Rocker_Arm_1024x1024.JPG

KM Cams forged rockers

In searching for stronger rockers for use in my turbo build, the only option seems to all come from the same manufacturer and is known to have some issues with the contact pads failing.  VAC, and one other place I found carry aluminum forged rockers, and forged steel ones like the KM version, but price on the US supplied ones are $1600 for the steel, and $2000 for the aluminum.  The KM Cams rockers were $530 shipped.  I took them to my machinist and he thinks they look awesome too.  I will of course document how the installation and break-in goes in the build blog for my 1973 roundie (Klaus).  If you are building up a stout M10, you really need a set of these bad boys!

Jose

bad boys bad boys whatcha gonna do....

The KM rockers hold up.  They seem to have quite good geometry.

They are heavy.   John Forte had

good luck lightening them significantly for racing.  Given their weight,

heavier valve springs might be needed at 6500 rpm.

They've been out for a few years.

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

We are putting a set in the engine for the race car that Jack and I are bringing back    They look pretty good.  Ben told me he has been running them in Sam's car on the west coast with great success   Hopefully we will too    Price is awesome!

3 hours ago, TobyB said:

John posted that in the original discussion a few years back. 

I forget, but significantly, like 40%?

t

I think it was more like 300% but the design has changed since.

Racing is Life - everything before and after is just waiting!

Ok, then.

I just checked and they weigh 3.4oz each.  That would be 96g for our metric minded members.  They also came with a bolt, and adjuster, but no nut.  I am not surprised.  Those things strip so easy, we should all have have a bucket of them laying around

Jose

• 2 weeks later...