• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anco Rear Bumper Over-Rider Bar

Guest BritshIron

Rear Amco Bar Mounted! Locked and Loaded. Mission Accomplished! Ok, it's done!

This car is Chassis # 1560629. I could not find a picture of an Amco rear bar mounted on this early a car, but the part fit fine. Note that the top-of-the-bumperette spacers (stand-offs) are not needed in this application. Aside from no need for the stand-offs, everything fit perfectly, and there was not a need to remove the bumper.

Thanks to all who helped me acquire this nice part. Double thanks to LJtii for buying the part and keeping it in such good shape for so many years!

Amco bar rear.png

• Like 3

Nice going guys. When I bought my 73 2002 back in 1989, it had both front and rear bumper bars on it, and still does. I don’t see pictures of many cars with them,  maybe some of you that have them could post pictures, I’d be interested in seeing them. Here’s mine. 

Robert

A5C49B92-B66C-44E4-B361-9637D342F1DA.thumb.jpeg.4c3cede851f137997bed9c8fc35cc634.jpegC39EE1EB-1E15-4F12-A593-6195A3AC1638.thumb.jpeg.c89683b8f3689bc32bc842d45406eb12.jpeg

• Like 1

Ha. I bought the one just sent to British Iron a number of years ago off eBay, just because it seemed prudent to pick one up in case I ever wanted to install it. Never did. Also bought a front one, and it is hanging on the garage wall next to where the rear one used to. I suspect it's feeling lonely.

• Like 1

'73 Tii - Malaga 2763751

'72 Tii - Turkis 2762380 - sold

'74 Turbo - silver 4290633 - sold

'76 Jade Green - sold

'74 Tii - Siennabraun 2781572 - sold

'76 Verona - bought new - sold

1 hour ago, percy said:

Pardon my "badging" ignorance but isn't the boot medallion from a later model?  LIkewise, was the "1600" more typically found below the trim as seen on the bottom photo?

5ad3e3be7f876_Amcobarrear.thumb.png.a3c6

https://www.bmw2002faq.com/forums/topic/167670-bumper-bars/

1967_BMW_1600-2_NYC.jpg

E102.jpg

AFAIK - The 1600 rear badge moved from above the trim to below the trim at the beginning of 1968..........basically when the 2002 first appeared, and its badge was always below the trim (well, until the '74-'76 models).

Edited by 02Les

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

Aloha, Percy and 02Les, You all are absolutely correct about the roundel on the trunk lid. In this case, it's the original trunk lid, but someone thought it was nice to glue another roundel on the lid--former owner's preference. I'm going through this car, and will address these sorts of things as I go. Right now, it's low priority! Thanks so much for your sharp eyes! Mahalo!