• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'68 1600 - Well-Documented/Low Mileage Example Rare Survivor

John_in_VA

Chapman in Tempe has always been a Chevy dealer and has a big facility. I moved to Mesa in 1973 and know the address 723 W Main St in Mesa was "Coury GMC Buick" dealership in the 1970's. Not sure what year that took place. Google map photo shows the garage along Main St. as it was for Coury back then. I would guess that a new and bigger building was built where the old BMW dealership was. Never knew of a BMW dealer in Mesa or the Cross Motors in Phoenix. I do not remember seeing any BMW's on the road back then like I did the VW Datsun Mazda & oddball Renault Subaru Saab. The price of a BMW with under the dash a/c was more than a full size Detroit car with great a/c in the dash outlets vents.

Chris

Yes original plate I have it as year of manuf and DMV said new enough ok w/o additional small tin plate … I tried to get orig plate in good cond and  close as possible to year …. I have had the car for 6+ years ….I bought it to drive while my carbs where being rebuilt and tried to sell it when my '60 was back and running but had put more money into it than anyone wanted to pay … so in time, you know how it goes ...Lucian

IMG_20180526_141402.jpg

'67 BMW 1600-2 Sahara/Brown 133,000 ..'73 BMW R90/6 Blk/White pin/s 155,000

5 hours ago, Lucian said:

Yes original plate I have it as year of manuf and DMV said new enough ok w/o additional small tin plate … I tried to get orig plate in good cond and  close as possible to year …. I have had the car for 6+ years ….I bought it to drive while my carbs where being rebuilt and tried to sell it when my '60 was back and running but had put more money into it than anyone wanted to pay … so in time, you know how it goes ...Lucian

IMG_20180526_141402.jpg

So you’ve got a 190SL?  Nice!

Regards,

Steve

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)