• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Resonator delete, or just the resonator pipe

Dudeland

The PO bodged a resonator delete for my car, and I want it done properly.  The angles are all wrong and the muffler is about 3" to the right.  Does anyone do a resonator delete?  or does anyone sell just the resonator piece?

I would like to know before I have to get one made. 

SS is preferred.

Regards

"Goosed" 1975 BMW 2002

Ebay sells the proper pipe for around $105.00 plus shipping.

I run a straight pipe with a header and no resonator. The only thing I would complain about is it tends to drone at 70 mph and when I accelerate or decelerate through a certain RPM range.

Hence the reason they installed a resonator.  

But what do I know. 

But what do I know

If you're gonna do without a resenator (center muffler), use a stock rear muffler. If you use an aftermarket one (Ansa, etc) an hour or two on the Interstate will cure you of deleting the resenator.  The drone will drive you nuts!

My ears are still ringing...

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

I have resonator and a setup with Ansa muffler and the drone is bothersome on a long drive on the interstate. I usually have an ear plug in my left ear when I'm on a long steady drive to muffle the sound. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

2002cool2

On 3/28/2018 at 8:24 AM, 2002cool2 said:

I have resonator and a setup with Ansa muffler and the drone is bothersome on a long drive on the interstate. I usually have an ear plug in my left ear when I'm on a long steady drive to muffle the sound.

I was going to go to an Ansa.   Sounds like you might think it too loud?  Doubt illl be taking any long road trips in mine. 

Dan Bridges https://www.mcbdlaw.com/danbridges

72C672F5-4936-4D47-8D38-51052FE96876.jpeg.872fc2ca9a69951ae67c5fef264e9fad.jpeg

Past Treasurer and Governor Washington State Bar Association