• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

price check on 1976 2002 automatic -- help

flipper

I cannot help with your pricing/offer conundrum.

Regarding a prior post: If I had to guess, I'd say that at least some portion of the car has been painted. See this circled area? That's where the rubber 'stop' on the hood made an impression in wet paint ... they didn't come like that from the factory. I would also check that seam where the front fender meets the nose (arrow).

Those alone are not significant; but if it's evident a car has been painted, then it's not original paint as you hope .. and any time a car has been painted, it seems prudent to inspect all of the common areas carefully. Bring a Magnet. Good luck. -KB

painted.jpg

• Like 1

I agree with Ken, the car looks like some touch up or respray has been applied.  The headlight bucket looks like it has overspray on it.

The driver's side door brake isn't connected to the A-pillar.  Wonder why? 

A very minor observation:  To me one of the sway bar bolts looks loose - the bolt head is sticking out above the top bushing and cupped washer.

The girlfriend doesn't like the "loud" ANSA muffler?   Guess she won't like headers either.

+ 1 for the BMW CCA rear window sticker

• Like 2

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"