• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2002AD Granada Ti

I haven't looked at their site for a long time but just found out that they sold a '70 Granada 2002ti in February of this year.  As usual with their site there is very little information about the car.  No VIN or details of the important parts.   Does anyone know anything about the car or if the owner is a member here?

Bill 

1973 3.0 CS Nachtblau

1970 2002 Chamonix

1965 1800 Chamonix

• 2 weeks later...

Bill:

I saw that too a while back, and meant to let you know.  Poor photos as usual with them, but the price sure seemed beyond reasonable.  I check their site pretty frequently, so I suspect it sold fast.  I recall it had bumper overriders, maybe that was a Canadian thing?

1971 2002ti

• 1 month later...

To answer bimbill's questions, we at 2002AD only put a minimum amount of information in our cars for sale listings for space reasons (since we're posting over 100 cars sold).  We usually have a lot more information available on the cars currently for sale, though, and are happy to share that with anyone who inquires about the car.  So if you wanted to know more about this car, why didn't you just ask us, instead of asking the forum?  Don't you think we wouldn't know more about this car than random readers of an on-line forum would know about it?  As for whether or not the owner is a member here, the answer is yes.  I am the owner of this car, which is VIN 1688621, and also the owner of 2002AD.

To answer JAM3422's questions, yes often the photos that we use in our car listings are not great, but we rely on the cars' owners to send us those photos, and many owners just don't take great photos--something we have no control over.  And yes, the price of this car was beyond reasonable, but then the owner lowered it to a reasonable level.  And we realized that we didn't have a ti in our collection.  So we bought it ourselves, as we feel we should have one of every version of 2002 in our collection, and weren't sure if we'd ever see another ti again.  And yes, the bumper over riders came on the car, and the car came from Canada.  We'd love to hear from others in this Owners Group if they are correct or not, because we want to make sure the car is correct in every way.Ti%20R%20fr.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

My German market 1971 ti also had the overriders when I bought it as ostensibly the second owner in 2000. Not sure if they were original as the early history of the car is not known. Most I have seen had the small front bumper stops. I assume that the number exported to Canada was not large. There are not too many unmolested or "under-restored" examples kicking around in Germany as well to compare.

Andrew

1971 2002ti, 1985 E30 320i, 1960 Land Rover 109 Ser 2, 1963 Land Rover 88 Ser 2a, 1980 Land Rover Ser 3 Lightweight 

So if you wanted to know more about this car, why didn't you just ask us, instead of asking the forum?  Don't you think we wouldn't know more about this car than random readers of an on-line forum would know about it?”

Ben,  What a response, is this how you want to be known?

HBChris

`73 3.0CS Chamonix, `69 2000 NK Atlantik

`70 2800 Polaris, `79 528i Chamonix

That's a great looking ti Ben. Looking forward seeing it in person in Pittsburgh. My '70 ti is from Sweden and has tiny overriders, original to the car. 

Dirk de Groen

'61 700 Sport - '68 1600 GT - '70 2002 ti - '71 2002 Rally - '71 2002 Voll Cabrio - '72 2002 Targa - '72 2000 Touring tii - '73 2002 tii

Wow Ben, the car is beautiful are you going to bring it to Pittsburgh for the BMW CCA Oktoberfest? That would be great, I will be bringing my 2002 TI as well-I will get my uncle Barry to drive it out to the Oktoberfest. My car was originally Granada red, but repainted in Verona unfortunately. Thanks for posting, could you tell us more about your car and share more pictures-original engine bay, interior etc. with the forum as 2002 TI  s are relatively rare here in United States. Look forward to seeing you and your car at the Pittsburgh vintage Grand Prix and Oktoberfest. I will be running a Alpina tribute car in the schenley Park Grand Prix, and probably drive the TISA out. Best regards, Peter

DSCN3894.JPG

DSCN3487.JPG

IMG_0184.JPG

The First thing is to have an untroubled mind. The Second thing is to know your purpose. Illigitimati Non Carborundum