• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1973 Tii -- First Tii to be imported to USA

YYC_2K2

Price: $10000

Description:

THE CAR IS NOT MINE- PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT ME ABOUT IT!

I came across this listing today:

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/red-deer/1972-bmw-2002tii-sedan/1346224739?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Apparently includes a letter by BMW indicating the car to be the first Tii model imported into USA.

Sadly, the car has seen better days....

Well....that just means it should be VIN 2762630, the first U.S.-spec 1973 tii, identified and shown previously by Mike S., if I recall.

If this was VIN 2760001, the first U.S.-spec tii, period, I’d assume there might be a premium attached to the car.  But I find it hard to believe the first 1973 model is more valuable than, for instance, the last 1972 model....

If I recall from the last photos I saw on this forum, the car is more-or-less in pieces.

Nonetheless, let’s hope someone finally restores this car.  I wish someone would request Archives’ data on this car — I’m wearing out my welcome — I’m guessing it was manufactured in early October 1972.

Regards,

Steve

Edited by Conserv

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)