• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Caravan to Vintage 2018

jgerock

We are getting closer to this event and need to make some plans.  Since Marshall isn't attending this year, we can meet up and drive down similar to previous years (lunch at Crazy Greek to meet with Chuck DeHaven perhaps?).

I'll be driving the tii this time and staying at the Fairfield Inn (not the host Clarion). I also have a ticket to the CCA Foundation event.

I will review the registration list again to see who is attending from our area.

Jim

• Like 1

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

Royal Red 69 VW Squareback built 8/13/68 “Patty”

I’m staying with Chuck Pompei at the Clarion, and I have a ticket to the CCA Foundation event. I plan to able to drive down Thursday morning. I’m happy to take side road detours to visit tourist coal mines, explore backwoods tertiary roads, and engage in off-road shenanigans as need be. 

Grice

williamggruff

'76 2002 "Verona" / '12 Fiat 500 Sport "Latte" / '21 Toyota 4Runner TRD Off Road Prem “The Truck”

47 minutes ago, williamggruff said:

I’m staying with Chuck Pompei at the Clarion, and I have a ticket to the CCA Foundation event. I plan to able to drive down Thursday morning. I’m happy to take side road detours to visit tourist coal mines, explore backwoods tertiary roads, and engage in off-road shenanigans as need be. 

Grice

That's how I met you and Jay Swift in 2011. Fixing the Verona in the Hawthorne parking lot before the rally Friday.

• Haha 1

Andrew Wilson
Vern- 1973 2002tii, https://www.bmw2002faq.com/blogs/blog/304-andrew-wilsons-vern-restoration/ 
Veronika- 1968 1600 Cabriolet, Athena- 1973 3.0 CSi,  Rodney- 1988 M5, The M3- 1997 M3,

The Unicorn- 2007 X3, Julia- 2007 Z4 Coupe, Ophelia- 2014 X3, Herman- 1914 KisselKar 4-40

I'm driving Athena this year, Vern will be in Pittsburgh. Cindy and I are going to arrive Thursday as well staying at the Clarion, hoping for room 101. Would love to join you yet there's no good way to to Alexandria from my house.

May meet up en route like at The Crazy Greek, which town is that?   

Andrew Wilson
Vern- 1973 2002tii, https://www.bmw2002faq.com/blogs/blog/304-andrew-wilsons-vern-restoration/ 
Veronika- 1968 1600 Cabriolet, Athena- 1973 3.0 CSi,  Rodney- 1988 M5, The M3- 1997 M3,

The Unicorn- 2007 X3, Julia- 2007 Z4 Coupe, Ophelia- 2014 X3, Herman- 1914 KisselKar 4-40

Chuck DeHaven would be starting out from Winchester VA - we usually meet him at the Crazy Greek.

Crazy Greek at Woodlake is in the Hancock Village shopping center in Chesterfield VA.  Left hand turn off busy divided Route 360 (Hull Street).  Gas stations around there are kind of tough to access, but there are more after leaving the restaurant.

http://www.thecrazygreekatwoodlake.com/about-us.html

• Like 1

Jim Gerock

4 hours ago, williamggruff said:

Grice

Excellent!  Thursday morning departure for me as well.

I see Bill Williams is registered and his touring will be displayed at the Foundation?.

Marc Caden, John Hartge, Clay, Dudley, Livvi and any others are welcome to join.

Jim Gerock

I'm leaving Lancaster, PA 0730-ish FWIW..  Talked to a few E30 owners at rest stops in VA last year but no 2002s.  Also attending the CCA Foundation.  I would be considered a noob among ya'll.

76 '02 5spd.  stage2  Kerman build

00 Z3M Coupe

10 328iT ZMP 6spd

I can't make it either this year. My employer is transferring me from southern VA to the Columbia MD area and I'm in the process of moving. I am looking forward to events in the beltway/Baltimore area after I get moved in.

G-Man

• Like 1

74 tii (many mods)
91 318i M42

07 4Runner

Two starting point possibilities that are close to 495 and 395:

1) My house (right off the 495 Beltway at Telegraph Road and Franconia Road).  I have good visitor parking in two areas. There are 2 gas stations before my house and multiple others up Franconia Road past my house.

2) Silver Diner restaurant off Franconia Road next to the Springfield Mall (aka town center).  There is a gas station past the mall (u turn on Old Keane Mill Road).

So far:

me 

Marc Caden

Grice

Chuck Pompei

Leaving by 9 or 9:30 am is the goal at this point.

My email is jgerock2002@gmail dot com 

edit- that was my 15,500th post!

Edited by jgerock

Jim Gerock

• Upcoming Events

• Supporting Vendors