• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1972 BMW 2002 AUTOMATIC | MINT FULLY RESTORED | GOLF YELLOW | NO RUST | ROUNDIE

EAGDC

Price: $39888

Description:
Hello, 

We wish everyone a lovely day. With previous permission from the 2002FAQ Admin, we are privileged to offer this one of a kind locally owned fully restored mint condition 1972 BMW 2002 Automatic Roundie in Golf Yellow. Exclusive Automotive Group is an authorized franchise Aston Martin & Bentley dealership in Northern Virginia. This pristine example 72 BMW 2002 Roundie was traded 7 days ago from a local wealthy collector on a Ferrari F12. It was with its previous owner for three years in a climate controlled garage before being traded to us. There is no rust to be found on this vehicle and every single function is in A+ Standing. The previous owner even fitted this BMW2002 with a CD Player. This BMW 2002 Roundie vehicle drives amazing and shifts smoothly. The odometer on the vehicle reads 5373 however the vehicle's actual miles are 105,367. We welcome a Pre-Purchase Inspection of any kind of your choosing at your favorite local BMW shop in Washington DC, Northern Virginia or Maryland. We've owned a few examples of the BMW 2002 model and this by far is as new of a condition as it gets. This lovely BMW 2002 Roundie comes with a clean & clear Virginia Title as well. Please enjoy this auction and contact us at (703) 712-8324 or eMail us at webleads@eagdc.com with any questions.  

Thanks, 

Exclusive Automotive Group
Aston Martin Washington DC
Bentley Tysons
8550 Leesburg Pike
Vienna, Va 22182
(703) 712-8324
webleads@eagdc.com 

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

Beautiful car and a very nice restoration, but calling that paint Golf Yellow would be a stretch unless the color temperature of the camera has been altered.  Having owned an original paint Golf 1974, it looks like your car needs more Charteuse (green) to accurately duplicate Golf paint.  Sometimes the color choice is by design, but from experience, sometimes the paint manufacturer's paint codes for BMW 2002 colors are slightly off.  The first repaint of my 1975 Mintgrun 2002 had too much white in it and looked more like Pistachio than Mintgrun.

GLWS,

Mark92131

DSCF0028.JPG

• Like 2

1970 BMW 1600 (Nevada)

2 hours ago, Mark92131 said:

Beautiful car and a very nice restoration, but calling that paint Golf Yellow would be a stretch unless the color temperature of the camera has been altered.  Having owned an original paint Golf 1974, it looks like your car needs more Charteuse (green) to accurately duplicate Golf paint.  Sometimes the color choice is by design, but from experience, sometimes the paint manufacturer's paint codes for BMW 2002 colors are slightly off.  The first repaint of my 1975 Mintgrun 2002 had too much white in it and looked more like Pistachio than Mintgrun.

GLWS,

Mark92131

DSCF0028.JPG

Agree, and they need to lose the orange "parts sticker" that does not belong on a '72.

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

2 hours ago, Mark92131 said:

GLWS,

Mark92131

DSCF0028.JPG

Thank you kind sir. You have a beautiful 2002 as well. 

The color is definitely OFF. Shame 'cause it's a really really nice example. It's gonna be tough to get those kind of dollars with a botched paint job. Golf being the unofficial #1 color needs to look factory correct.

Plus If I was forkin' out that kind of dough I'd be like

where's the stock wheels (+hubcaps)?????

Coke bottle wheels...meh. They're a dime a dozen and nobody I know runs them. I don't hate them but

a clean set of stock rims and/or steel wheels/hubcaps goes a long way in the vintage car world. (or any other wheel approved by this site lol)

Another situation where a restorer doesn't really know 2002's

Edited by iinca