• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2002 Register. Any interest?

dang

I put together a registry for E9 coupes and since it was easy I made some mods and created a registry for 2002's also.  Would anyone use it?  The original registry has gone through a bunch of pains over the years and I wasn't sure what it's current state was.  The site I have is hosted with my other BMW sites so it would be very reliable and costs next to nothing.

Just wondering if anyone cares.  It's just as easy to kill it.  :)

http://bmw2002register.com/

Dan

• Like 2

Didn't Ray or Les keep track of all the vins back in the day?  

Thought I remember someone doing it. 

I remember Ray coming up with the history of almost everyone that popped up for sale which made it nice to weed out the BS. 

Let me rifle my old hard drive from back then. I might have even saved something from back then. 

Edited by penth2o

K. I found a spreadsheet on my old drive from way back then. It has 5882 of them listed in it.  Pretty detailed headings. Zoom in and look at the headings. Each pic is different. 

Now.....

how to get an excell spreadsheet posted on here????

IMG_9566.JPG

IMG_9567.JPG

IMG_9568.JPG

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, penth2o said:

Didn't Ray or Les keep track of all the vins back in the day?  

Thought I remember someone doing it. 

I remember Ray coming up with the history of almost everyone that popped up for sale which made it nice to weed out the BS. 

Let me rifle my old hard drive from back then. I might have even saved something from back then. 

Les seems to be the dude that kept track of a lot of that stuff, but i don't want to disrepect Ray if he did, too. It's a lot of work!

Yep! Me neither. Maybe a google doc that's editable with revision history would work. Then people couldn't just change shit without documentation. But makin websites ain't my bag I'm sure someone on here could propose a solution or 2

Thanks for grabbing the baton. I just added my car.

I didn't add any pics at this stage because on my phone I'm not able to confirm the image geocoding had been removed before I upload.

Does the site remove this on upload?

11 hours ago, penth2o said:

K. I found a spreadsheet on my old drive from way back then. It has 5882 of them listed in it.  Pretty detailed headings. Zoom in and look at the headings. Each pic is different. 

Now.....

how to get an excell spreadsheet posted on here????

IMG_9566.JPG

IMG_9567.JPG

IMG_9568.JPG

That would be me.

It started as a hobby while I spent 10 months of the year working all over the World. It was supposed to keep me occupied and out of the bars........that didn't work.

I found a copy of Rob Torres' Register back around 2000 and it kinda grew from there. My current edition has over 10,000 entries.

BMW 2002 Register - rev Apr '18 - edited.xlsx

I recently sent the above Excel file to Jim Gerock but he trouble opening it. It's Excel 2016.

Edit: I clicked on it, and, after 15 seconds or so, it opened ok for me. Hopefully it will for others.

Edited by 02Les

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

Thanks Les. 

Maybe my memory isn't so bad after all. 

Damn. You kept it up throughout all these years and still had time to hit the bars. 

Good job. ?

Edit:  it opened up quick on my iPhone. 

I know it will open up on my old garage computer with Windows XP. 

Edited by penth2o
  • Like 1