• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

76, no Reserve on BAT in Pennsylvania

Very original example!  Could conceivably be an original 80K mile car, albeit with little or no care over the last...30 years...

Even the carpet is original.  But if the prior owner had simply replaced the horsehair pads — when they failed 20+ years ago — that driver’s seat might be as nice as the passenger’s seat.  The combination of manual trans, sunroof, and Behr A/C, on a Fjord car, makes it very attractive among square taillight cars.  It’s a 49-state version, so no thermal reactor.

The current Fjord repaint is a sad reflection of the original Fjord color, which had snap — this one looks like they mixed Fjord, Pastelblau, and a healthy dose of orange peel!  The luggage compartment still shows some nice views of the original Fjord.

VIN 2741064 should be a late March or early April 1976 car (my VIN 2742541 was an April 23rd car) and a member of the February to May 1976 ‘02’s-without-metal-VIN-tags club!

Regards,

Steve

Edited by Conserv
  • Like 1

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

Very H4-y, I suppose.... ?

High-quality Marchals, but nothing outrageous like Ampliluxes....

This car actually reminds me more than a little of my ‘76. The fact that it is in King of Prussia, PA, not far from my stomping grounds in the ‘70’s, means I might have flashed my lights — repeat, “my lights” — at this car, ca. 1977!

Best regards,

Steve

Edited by Conserv
  • Like 1

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)