• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Supercharged Tii on Bat.

penth2o

It's a nice looking package, but the lack of head rests on the seats scares the stuffing out of me! I love weber carbs but 10 psi of boost and a 9.0 compression ratio you won't need the wide band the sound of expensive forged parts bouncing off the underside will let you know when you hit a lean spot:o.

• Like 1

If everybody in the room is thinking the same thing, then someone is not thinking.

George S Patton 

Planning the Normandy Break out 1944

3 minutes ago, Dan Seattle said:

Amazing car but why list it as a Tii when that quite clearly appears to be a blown carbutator.  Not trying to diss the car per se, but what am I missing?

Here's an extract/reply from the Seller.

Ripton (The Seller) 65

Hey @groceg! Thanks for the feedback, I also don’t love calling this car a tii, we do not have it badged that way either. BAT absolutely insisted we did because it left the factory as one (and is titled tii), I literally had 8 email exchanges with them about it, in the end they asked me to trust them about it. The paint is good, but you are correct, white is also very forgiving in hiding minor blemishes. This paint is in good shape, I have not altered these photos in anyway of course, but this is not a recent paint job, it still looks fantastic, and it absolutely has minor blemishes. The car has no outstanding mechanical issues, and is nothing but a blast to drive. I bought this car to do what I thought was right for it, I am sentimental about the car, and would love to keep it, but towing the line of what I can keep, and what I want; is always going to be tricky for a guy like me.

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

2 hours ago, skipsfcr said:

O/T Joel!! Good to see you're still around!

Hey Skip.....

took a few years break from the Tii and groups. Got lost as it’s been many years. 

Starting to think about sticking it on a rotisserie and had to refresh and rethink. 

Get in the 02 groove again. 

Forgot a lot of shit about these things. 

Hope all is good for you and all the old names on here. 

linky linky...  From previous sale in 2011... 

I was wondering if that was the same 02. It’s a shame the 3pc Revolutions are gone, but still looks like a great car. I’m sure it’s a blast to drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

- Project 67' 1600-2

- Pig Cheek 71' 1602

Why oh why is that up on BaT the same week as my 74 tii?

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1974-bmw-2002tii-30/

now: '72 Inka 2000 touring, '82 Alpina C1 2.3  & '18 328d wagon (daily driver)

before: a lot of old BMWs (some nice, some not so much), a few air-cooled 911s and even a water-cooled Cayman S

Alpina restoration blog: https://www.alpinac1.com/

I saw that.  Frankly I’d rather have yours.  Aren’t you in California?  If you were close I’d love to take a look at it.  I’d consider buying it if I could actually kick the tires. Good luck with your auction.  I’ll be following it and who knows?

Dan Bridges https://www.mcbdlaw.com/danbridges

72C672F5-4936-4D47-8D38-51052FE96876.jpeg.872fc2ca9a69951ae67c5fef264e9fad.jpeg

Past Treasurer and Governor Washington State Bar Association

On 5/4/2018 at 11:07 AM, Dan Seattle said:

Amazing car but why list it as a Tii when that quite clearly appears to be a blown carbutator.  Not trying to diss the car per se, but what am I missing?

Dan,

Some of us — well, at least I ? — subscribe to the idea that the VIN alone determines the sub-model, whether you’re talking BMW’s, Alfa’s, or whatever. And the VIN is the VIN until the car goes to the crusher.

Thus, if you put a Mopar hemi in a tii, it remains a tii. Conversely, if you put a tii engine, tii fuel pump, tii brake booster, tii struts, tii calipers, tii discs, tii trailing arms, and a tii clock on an originally-carbed 2002, it remains a “carbed 2002 with tii goodies”.

Maybe the text of the listing could say more explicitly “the original fuel injection has been replaced by the carburetor-fed supercharger”.

Regards,

Steve

Edited by Conserv

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

Conserv, agree totally.  And I don't even fault Bat for wanting to post it as a tii fir that reason. But it Seems silly for Bat not to call the issue out.  I mean, I'm a newbie and even I caught it.  I wonde how many electrons have been wasted here and on Bat unwinding the issue.  Makes the seller unfairly look like he is pulling a fast one when quite clearly he is not.  

Dan Bridges https://www.mcbdlaw.com/danbridges

72C672F5-4936-4D47-8D38-51052FE96876.jpeg.872fc2ca9a69951ae67c5fef264e9fad.jpeg

Past Treasurer and Governor Washington State Bar Association