• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1973 2002tii

25 minutes ago, Troy Faunce said:

Update on the location of the car.  We have moved to Franklin, TN and the car is now here as well.

Congrats. Franklin is a nice area. I once had relatives living there. Believe ex NASCAR racer Darrell Waltrip is/was from there.  

• Like 1

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

Royal Red 69 VW Squareback built 8/13/68 “Patty”

Adding some requested pictures from folks that have emailed interest.  As you can see the under body was protected with the black undercarriage spray (this was done prior to me owning the car...best guess is circa early 1980's).  Much of the underneath is in pretty good condition.  The rockers are in decent shape and I don't see anywhere they are rusted through but there is some surface rust where the black undercoating has or is coming off.  The passenger and rear floors look to be in good shape.  The driver's side floor will need to be replaced (see around the pedal box).  I think this actually ended up rusting from the inside out and a leaking clutch slave cylinder contributed to this.  Let me know if you would like me to take any additional pictures and provide specifics about what you want to see.

Drivers side floor 2.JPG

Drivers side floor rear 2.JPG

Drivers side rear floor 3.JPG

Drivers side rocker 1.JPG

Drivers side rocker 2.JPG

Drivers sider rear floor 1.JPG

Drivers sider rocker 3.JPG

Passenger side front underside 1.JPG

Passenger side rocker 1.JPG

Passenger side rocker 2.JPG

Passenger side rocker 3.JPG