• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aussie 02 - 1970 resto progress

Its now rolling - feels good to get to this stage.....brakes done (new lines, boosters in, recon slave and masters, new handbrake cable) new mini lite replicas (15") , all rebuilt electrics (looms etc) grill in (black slats to come).

Dash restored (not in yet). Have run a loom for spot lights (want to get some retro Hellas or something) Engine going in this month, have chosen a single weber with cross flow manifold. Interior is underway, however the seats are giving me grief.......door cards also a challenge - replace or repair. New seals ready to go, the boot seal took me forever, so I can only imagine how long the rest will take.

Headliner to go in before the windscreens go in. Fuel tank restored and in (took two to make one).........

Spending lots of hours removing anodising on brightwork and polishing. Lining up the boot (trunk) lid is not easy and still not correct. I have put in IE springs and shocks, but kept all the original parts also.

Currently rebalancing tail shaft and considering gearbox output shaft bearing. Doors are done, and ready.

kZ179BOfRbKufm+jRQ%QnA.jpg

Vi0d8P30QReuXfxAPlnnlA.jpg

2qFniS5WTLuT6NLpWe6eNQ.jpg

IMG_9403.JPG

JR7U2EN2QpCyg9K8sSAswg.jpg

l3ILDJMqTtCdDEsc37ZLnA.jpg

b3HIPYFhTxmjlpMAfhFLsQ.jpg

IMG_0069.JPG

IMG_9112.JPG

zyRYeYFQSNG+8oI5dY32aA.jpg

• Like 9

fantastic, Thats the same spec as mine - any chance you could send some dash and gear stick images? I think mine is actually a 69 also (radiator was stamped 68), but for some reason the VIN number register has a gap for Aus, between 69 / 70, not sure if anyone can help me resolve that.

Car looks beautiful! Reminds me a lot of my fathers when he had Superlites on (its a 72tii but runs early grilles and bumpers so will look very similar to you!)

4635435160_12ddd43999_o.jpg

Edited by oz_tom

6780296635_13fa58faa3_b.jpg

72tii - Whitey

74 - Blacky

Car looks beautiful! Reminds me a lot of my fathers when he had Superlites on (its a 72tii but runs early grilles and bumpers so will look very similar to you!)
4635435160_12ddd43999_o.thumb.jpg.573f2609fe9aa5d442b551a98add7258.jpg

That’s a great looking car. I’ve only got the 71 rear bumper but want to get it cut down to earlier length. Don’t know how that will go!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk