• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

E6 touring front vent problem

70fever

I'm restoring my 02 touring and have some problem with front vent and b pillar seals. They are in terrible condition , need to be replaced but i can't find them anywhere as they are NLA.

Does anyone know if  the saloon seals can be adapted to fit touring?  How to? or if you have any other suggestion , please recommend.

Thank you.

1 hour ago, halboyles said:

Cool. Those seals were NLA last year when I was refurbishing my Touring. Considering W & N's €49 shipping costs now, they would be cheaper to get in the US, unless you're ordering many parts.

https://www.getbmwparts.com/oem-parts/bmw-left-vent-window-gasket-h51710-51361803163

Maybe BMW will make the B-Pillar seal & chrome piece for the Touring available again (one day).

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

3 hours ago, 70fever said:

I'm restoring my 02 touring and have some problem with front vent and b pillar seals. They are in terrible condition , need to be replaced but i can't find them anywhere as they are NLA.

Does anyone know if  the saloon seals can be adapted to fit touring?  How to? or if you have any other suggestion , please recommend.

Thank you.

Try emailing this guy in Germany.

lapo-classics@gmx.de

I bought a couple of good (used) B-Pillar chrome pieces (NLA) from him after the body shop threw mine away.

Les

FAQ Member #17

3 hours ago, 02Les said:

I bought a couple of good (used) B-Pillar chrome pieces (NLA) from him after the body shop threw mine away.

You should be commended for your restraint...

7 hours ago, halboyles said:

Already got this parts , The one that i'm looking for is the triangle vent seal at front doors and vertical B-pillar seals.

Do you have any source?

6 hours ago, 02Les said:

Cool. Those seals were NLA last year when I was refurbishing my Touring. Considering W & N's €49 shipping costs now, they would be cheaper to get in the US, unless you're ordering many parts.

https://www.getbmwparts.com/oem-parts/bmw-left-vent-window-gasket-h51710-51361803163

Maybe BMW will make the B-Pillar seal & chrome piece for the Touring available again (one day).

Maybe not worth reproducing , touring not much around.. :(

6 hours ago, 02Les said:

Try emailing this guy in Germany.

lapo-classics@gmx.de

Thank you , i'll try.

What about cut and glue saloon parts to fit? They seem to be a little bigger than touring , is it work?

Thank you guys.

8 hours ago, 70fever said:

What about cut and glue saloon parts to fit? They seem to be a little bigger than touring , is it work?

Thank you guys.

The Touring's B-Pillar seal & the chromed piece are around 10mm longer than the saloon equivalent. So, basically, you will have a gap (top or bottom) if you use the saloon part.

The B-Pillar saloon seal is not expensive (unusual for BMW) so you could try it and see how it looks.

I'm not a fan of trying to cut and paste seals; as I mentioned earlier, the rear side window seals were NLA last year and I used saloon seals butted up to part of my old original. Looks terrible and the quality/stiffness of the OEM seal is not what they once were. I'll now replace them with "available again" Touring seals.

DSCN2792sm.JPG.0af26c03037a40a465b2fa7ecae61e19.JPGDSCN2793sm.JPG.ca442cab7932d153f9c70838cb80f6aa.JPGDSCN2975sm.JPG.9f65559610a971af7d4ee2ee22d6608c.JPG

Les

FAQ Member #17