• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1600ti for sale

mo02

Wonder what the VIN is--ad didn't say, and that would be proof that it's a real 1600ti.

mike

• Like 1

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

Pictures look good but need to see more detail.  Air cleaner has been modified like Alpina to have two open elements instead of the stock snorkels.

Edited by jgerock

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

40 minutes ago, jgerock said:

Pictures look good but need to see more detail.  Air cleaner has been modified like Alpina to have two open elements instead of the stock snorkels.

+1

And I, Jim, have been waiting — before I weigh in on whether it might be an authentic ti — to verify that the “ti-converted-to-Alpina” airbox is mounted to the left inner fender via a factory ti/tii mount, rather than (a.) an Alpina-style mount to the upper strut mount, or (b.) “other”. If the answer is not factory ti/tii mount, the chances of this being a bona fide ti are slender.  I believe it is correct, but that “gray thing” on the left inner fender is hard to interpret, Of course, the sole relevant photo happens to be too close-in to be particularly useful!  ?

Best regards,

Steve

Edited by Conserv

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

The car is priced at ~30K so is the market soft for a real 'ti' or is this an expensive clone?  

Either way the car presents well -- BMW archives should at least try to verify special models to help bolster market values.

My .02 cents 

Edited by mo02

73 sunroof 2002 (past)  |  73 CSi (present)  |  FAQ Member #2538

2002 decals (mofaraz.com)     |     eBay

4 hours ago, mo02 said:

The car is priced at ~30K so is the market soft for a real 'ti' or is this an expensive clone?  

Either way the car presents well -- BMW archives should at least try to verify special models to help bolster market values.

My .02 cents 

A genuine ti in good to excellent condition will be priced accordingly (i.e. High). BMW didn't make many. This is why you will see many folks create their own from a regular car. I passed on a real 1600ti at one time just after I purchased the 69. 

Jim Gerock

$.02 ..Maybe for sale they would  add the dog dish hub caps, 2002 AD has them, … I think they are  $200.00 each, also 2002 AD has center Console for A/C "Frig King",  add Becker Radio …. peek if diff  is long or short nose, 5 speed bet it is short nose and what year seats?   No head rest in '68 …  my '68 manuf 'Nov '67 and in NY '67   Reg '68 and till me Little Old Lady in AZ., Interesting color of my wheels, the 4 on ground  year stamp '68 and spare '67 not repaints but so far only mine not silver? I know of 1 that is (orig orig)  guy bought from Estate, not interested in Clubs, I think I have pic;s on faq site  … I did lots of work on mine, it would total up to your price, … travel to Europe to pick up and drive every where since it is there  L  ps you are welcome to mine for what I have in it, I need $ to keep racing  (my other car has trailer hitch also) 

1600.PNG

1600-2.PNG

'67 BMW 1600-2 Sahara/Brown 133,000 ..'73 BMW R90/6 Blk/White pin/s 155,000

Honestly it doesn't seem like the price is way out of whack so long as it is a 'ti', but as others have pointed out a number of things that aren't quite right that are pretty obvious....which leads one to believe there may be more.....(maybe).  Here is one for sale (no price) in Switzerland that looks a little more like factory Ti would look like.  Don't know what the numbers are on Ti's but there couldn't have been many.

https://www.classicdriver.com/en/car/bmw/1600/1968/362307

2 hours ago, markmac said:

Honestly it doesn't seem like the price is way out of whack so long as it is a 'ti', but as others have pointed out a number of things that aren't quite right that are pretty obvious....which leads one to believe there may be more.....(maybe).  Here is one for sale (no price) in Switzerland that looks a little more like factory Ti would look like.  Don't know what the numbers are on Ti's but there couldn't have been many.

They must have priced that one way HIGH. I first saw it for sale (same Seller) back in 2016.

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

4 hours ago, markmac said:

That 1600ti is a nice example.  Did you also see the silver Cabriolet FS on the same site???

Jim Gerock

https://www.bmw2002faq.com/forums/topic/179930-1968-bmw-1600-ti-35000-santa-cruz/

Old FAQ article (not really so old.....) 1255 made, makes it a pretty rare bird.  The link to the other car in German is still good, so apparently no takers, 60.000,00 Eur.  Appears to have sports seats in it as well.  Really nice car.

On 5/27/2018 at 12:18 AM, mo02 said:

I don’t know the answer, Mo.

But the $50K to $75k ti’s one sees in the European market appear to me to be either: (a.) amazingly-original examples, or (b.) cars on which people have spent very serious dollars, dollars that have perhaps exceeded the post-restoration asking prices.

This 1600ti doesn’t look like either of those examples, so I’m kind of expecting it’s either (a.) a bona fide 1600ti being sold by someone who mostly understands the market, or (b.) a 1600ti clone being sold by someone who is grossly over-estimating the market. If it’s a bona fide 1600ti, I’m guessing $30K is a seller’s price in light of its needs (e.g., re-painted “many years” ago, engine overhauled 9 years ago).

There are $100K tii’s out there.  But just as every tii is not a $100K tii, not every ti is a $75K ti.

Best regards,

Steve

Edited by Conserv
  • Like 1

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)