• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

OE 2002 rear dampers in perfect (or sorta close to) shape

iinca

• 2 weeks later...

KYB...aren't those for japanese cars??

just kiddin'...Thanks...but I gotta pass on those. Nothin has changed. I'm still

livin in my OE parts fantasy world and I don't expect to change that

Edited by iinca

Somebody wants them.

My whole pet peeve about aftermarket dampers is that most of them have too much compression dampening....AND suck on bumpy roads

In particular I'm talking about all the fun back roads that are patchwork pavement and concrete. Even HD's piss me off enough

to not use them.

Fair enough. I have yet to even ride in an 02 much less drive one. So I don't have anything to compare to. I'm not against a stiff ride though, so we will see how my new Bilstein HD and H&R springs feels once everything is back together. 

I never thought to list the shocks/struts for sale here. I should probably do that. Since they are not OE I wouldn't feel bad about letting them go.

most are more than satisfied with HD's but I'm a wuss so that's not an option.

I've driven new 02's back in the day and the ride was def' plush. The messed up part is the body roll is quite annoying. That and only 4 gears has always been my least favorite things about these cars.

I'm banking on some IE 22's and some conservatively cut stock red dot springs to cancel alot of

that roll out.

So I just ordered a set of new BOGE rear shocks. I'm tired of waiting ...

Edited by iinca

right...after many 4 speeds I finally bought a car with a 245 in it. That was it...I was done with 4 lousy gears

Once you drive a 5 speed it WILL be a whole different world of 02 bliss. AND you'll be like I HAVE TO HAVE THAT EXTRA GEAR.

Edited by iinca