• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB: door weatherstrip retainers

kdonato15

Hello,

I am looking for a pair of door weatherstrip retainers. I’m not exactly sure on the correct terminology, but they are the metal pieces that are riveted to the body of the car that go up the inside of the A-pillar and along the roof and stop at the B-pillar. The metal pieces that the weatherstrip is tucked into and glued to. At some point in its life, the roof on my 02 was replaced and whoever did it cut right through them. I am almost finished with the restoration of my car and it’s one of the few parts I cannot find anywhere and they are keeping me from completing the restoration. If anybody has an extra set of these or has a parts car they are willing to remove them from please let me know!

Thanks in advance. 

Kevin

CD27B8B7-DC08-4F6C-832D-BA577EA85970.jpeg

10163864-0770-4646-B2DD-CB274F4C58BE.jpeg

1 hour ago, Guy Cocquyt said:

Hi Kevin, I might have the two shorter vertical pieces in my spare parts bin.  I will check and let you know tonight.

Guy 

I actually have the vertical ones I think you are talking about. The pictures I posted are supposed to be of two single curved retainers that run up the A-pillar, curve at where the top of the vent window is, and run along the top of the door window and stop at the B-pillar but they have been cut in half. The shorter pieces you see in the pictures are the other half of the longer curved pieces that somebody mistakenly cut through. They are supposed to look like the picture below except they are supposed to be two whole pieces without the gap instead of cut into four. 190BF8B9-186B-4CBD-95CC-E94220573F5E.thumb.jpeg.30cc7560d425b6c9d57cdf8ee3048540.jpegE2343E70-80AC-4470-90B0-DEF5EEFC4EAB.thumb.jpeg.a154a5b70905a8bef2b323785273e15d.jpeg