• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is it about 13" wheels

SydneyTii

On 8/13/2024 at 6:13 PM, Longstone Tyres said:

Choose you tyres on how nicely it will drive, not price.

WWW.LONGSTONETYRES.CO.UK

BMW 2002 tyres. Welcome to the home of BMW 2002 tyres. Buy BMW 2002 tyres online. BMW 2002 tyre pressures, original equipment OE. Classic BMW tyres.

Agree, cruddy tires ruin the driving experience...but it's a matter of $ and cents. I have had really bad experiences with cheap tires in the rain, so I would never put rock bottom tires on any car because I value my life more than the savings. Thar said, I'm not 100% sold on the Pirelli's either. I had a strange sequence of tires on my 02...a set of toyos (not 888s) in 185/70-13, yokohama A021Rs in 185/70-13, XAS 165-13 and now the CN-36's from Argentina in 185/70-13. The best were the yoko's, but you don't get a lot of miles out of soft compound rain tires...second best... Michelin. Even though they are narrow, the control is great, perception of controlled drift. The toyos and pirellis (on a track) were very similar, both squeel a lot...a lot, though the CN36's look butchy, where the toyo's had a modern profile and looked out of place.... I fear that the Pirelli's will last a long time being a fairly hard compound and me driving too few miles...but for road tires they are good. Not sure I would pick them over the XAS though for a daily driver. Terminal velocity in the elk test is probably higher with the CN36s...but more smiles with the XAS.

Andrew

1971 2002ti, 1985 E30 320i, 1960 Land Rover 109 Ser 2, 1963 Land Rover 88 Ser 2a, 1980 Land Rover Ser 3 Lightweight