• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

opinions on Rear shock tower braces. nt thanks

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

but its not going to be a bolt in affair. Basically rectangular tubing between the towers (on a mount plate) and a couple going down to the trunk floor, again on mount plates. virtually 'ala TEP brace, but all welded in. Should cost about $10 in steel and an afternoon of my time.

matt

Guest Anonymous

I put TEP's rear brace in last weekend. Went in easy, fit well and looks good. What I like about this set-up is that with the battery in the trunk I got the optional power disconnect. You can Pull the key and disable the juice to the starter. That appeals to my paranoia quotient concerning this car.

Guest Anonymous

then realize that there isn't much benefit to 'em, unless they keep your battery from sliding around in the trunk.

The suspension pivots off the rear subframe, and the trunk wall triangulates the body pretty well, so stiffening those points won't make nearly the difference that a front brace might make.

IMHO, of course.

Toby