• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1972 BMW 2002 Coupe

johnpeter

Still very much a newbie and value input from the more experienced hands on the boards...

Looks like a nice driver from what I can see.

Can the more experienced among you offer thoughts on issues with the vehicle or suggestions re: a reputable PPI provider? The vehicle is in Pleasanton, CA (maybe 30 miles from San Jose or Oakland NNE or SE respectively). Thanks!

The add pictures give the impression of a well organized restoration. The modifications are all desirable improvements: late model engine, Recaro seats, complete new upholstery, battery relocate, heavy duty front sway bar, 5 Speed trans, Panasport 15" wheels, original color repaint, aftermarket Momo steering wheel, clean underside, passenger side mirror, tower support struts, rear disc brakes,, Borla stainless exhaust,etc.  The only missing items I see and would desire is air-conditioning and Euro turn signals. If it is a rust free, considering all, $23K is a reasonable asking price,

Edited by Whaledriver
disc brake add

20 hours ago, alwayswantedone said:

02Les... curious and maybe I am missing something but the sale in summer 2017 had odometer pics showing mileage at 168xx and it is now only 172xx. 

Thx for any additional clarity you can provide.

Oops, my mistake. I guess I got dyslexic or something. Must get new glasses. Sorry about that.

However, it was on Ebay back in 2007 and the Seller stated the mileage as 140k.

Edited by 02Les

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17