• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB: Roundie Grille Slat Covers

oh2ryan

FAQers,

I am looking to buy slat covers (p/n 51131817840) to black out the proper slats on the left and right grilles. I am ideally looking for NOS or near perfect pieces. They are still available new from BMW, I figured I would check here first. 

Thank you,

Ryan

-Ryan

02/02 Z8 Jet Black

05/87 M3 Hennarot

04/71 2002tii Baikal

Just buy new ones, best case scenario.

Andrew Wilson
Vern- 1973 2002tii, https://www.bmw2002faq.com/blogs/blog/304-andrew-wilsons-vern-restoration/ 
Veronika- 1968 1600 Cabriolet, Athena- 1973 3.0 CSi,  Rodney- 1988 M5, The M3- 1997 M3,

The Unicorn- 2007 X3, Julia- 2007 Z4 Coupe, Ophelia- 2014 X3, Herman- 1914 KisselKar 4-40

2 hours ago, Conserv said:

Ryan,

I thought you were sticking with the quad headlight grilles....

Or does your Plan B consist of a “strictly stock” version?

Best regards,

Steve

Yes! I want to make sure I also have everything on hand for the “strictly stock” set up. I am still in the throes of getting the plastic grilles prepped before chroming. 

I often times debate with myself on whether or not I should add the Diana bits I have to this tii...

• Like 1

-Ryan

02/02 Z8 Jet Black

05/87 M3 Hennarot

04/71 2002tii Baikal

On 6/21/2018 at 9:56 AM, oh2ryan said:

Yes! I want to make sure I also have everything on hand for the “strictly stock” set up. I am still in the throes of getting the plastic grilles prepped before chroming. 

I often times debate with myself on whether or not I should add the Diana bits I have to this tii...

Ryan,

A Diana was: (1.) at its heart, a 2002ti — none of this fuel injection business, (2.) a pre-Modell 71 car — before knee trim, long-tail bumpers, bumper rub strips, etc. made an entrance, (3.) none of the factory colors, and (4.) somewhat customized from car to car.  You, on the other hand, have a tii, a Modell 71 car, a car painted by the factory in one of the most desirable BMW colors, and I suspect you may be moving in the direction of more stock appearances.

I say play to one’s strengths. Your tii will be a far better 1971 Euro-spec tii than it will be a Diana tribute.  ☺️

Best regards,

Steve

Edited by Conserv
  • Like 1

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

5 hours ago, Conserv said:

Ryan,

A Diana was: (1.) at its heart, a 2002ti — none of this fuel injection business, (2.) a pre-Modell 71 car — before knee trim, long-tail bumpers, bumper rub strips, etc. made an entrance, (3.) none of the factory colors, and (4.) somewhat customized from car to car.  You, on the other hand, have a tii, a Modell 71 car, a car painted by the factory in one of the most desirable BMW colors, and I suspect you may be moving in the direction of more stock appearances.

I say play to one’s, and one’s car’s, strengths. Your tii will be a far better 1971 Euro-spec tii than it will be a Diana tribute.  ☺️

Best regards,

Steve

You have caught on to the thoughts swirling deep in the back of my mind... I've been searching for a better Diana candidate quietly. You always know how to nudge someone to the right direction hah

• Thanks 1

-Ryan

02/02 Z8 Jet Black

05/87 M3 Hennarot

04/71 2002tii Baikal