• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hella Euro Headlamp Differences

oh2ryan

@markmac

Interesting, more info here is great. I saw your car's lamps and posts in the other headlamp thread asking about euro buckets. It is funny that none of these examples are the same, and none of them have the same Hella logo as the NOS set I have posted about above...

It may be hard to figure out which exactly my car would have came with. I'll likely run the NOS set without trim rings or add them from another set.

-Ryan

02/02 Z8 Jet Black

05/87 M3 Hennarot

04/71 2002tii Baikal

Thats most likely what the NOS I have is. I had NO idea there was another style of bulb out there... Ill do more research and order those once I verify!

Thanks for the knowledge @Simeon

-Ryan

02/02 Z8 Jet Black

05/87 M3 Hennarot

04/71 2002tii Baikal

W & N have the H4 Bilux bulbs, but with their standard shipping cost you will need to order something else to make it worthwhile.

https://www.wallothnesch.com/en/bulb-h4-12-v-with-bilux-socket-45-40-w-23086.html

Also on Ebay Germany, but way more expensive than W & N.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-02-1502-1602-1802-2002-ti-tii-turbo-Umrüstung-Bilux-H4-NEU/322667132342?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

On 6/23/2018 at 9:44 AM, oh2ryan said:

By that logic my Italian turn signals should be stamped e3 also? I’ll verify

My Italian indicators have an E1 code (German approved), and the id 32631 R6 in the front clear.  And the rS logo, then MADE IN GERMANY, with SAE (!) and DP and 66 under that in the amber rear.  Not an E3 code - maybe enough Germans wanted 'em too?  Could they have been approved in 1966?

Per MrStern's bible I'd have expected markings equiv to A, 1, 5, and RL from his ECE Signal Lamp codes table to be on it.  (Hey take 1 + 5 and maybe that's the 6 behind that R6 id? .. but R means a rear light.. bah.)

Tom

Where we goin’? … I’ll drive…
There are some who call me... Tom too         v i s i o n a u t i k s.com