• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1st 2002 tii prototype in America

JohnP_02

18 minutes ago, 73tiiDavidPA said:

A gentleman out of Charleston, SC.  We both had our cars at the Hilton Head show last fall.  I'm not sure if he is on this board or not.  His first name is Robert.  He's the second owner from 1994 onward, it's Agave and tan with @ 73k miles, original condition.   Not sure what alloys it wears, but they are original equipment.  My original '73 Verona looked weak sitting next to his.    

IMG_3885.JPG

IMG_3899.JPG

IMG_3903.JPG

This Agave car was at Vintage last year. Loved it!

• Like 2

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

Those are the FPS Italian option factory wheels. I looked for a set everywhere before I found my Stilauto 13x6 Italian optional wheels. He has a few less miles than my tii also! Or should I say kilometers...

-Ryan

02/02 Z8 Jet Black

05/87 M3 Hennarot

04/71 2002tii Baikal

I actually got these from BMW Tradition a couple of months back through my local BMW dealer.  I could have gotten these from Maximillian, Roger's Tii or Blunttech.  Paid a little more due to local sales tax, but that's needed as well.

• Like 1

Frau Blucher - 73 tii

Captain Biggles - 66 Triumph TR4a

3 hours ago, David Layton said:

I actually got these from BMW Tradition a couple of months back through my local BMW dealer.  I could have gotten these from Maximillian, Roger's Tii or Blunttech.  Paid a little more due to local sales tax, but that's needed as well.

Got what?

John in VA

'74 tii "Juanita"  '85 535i "Goldie"  '86 535i "M-POSSTR"  

'03 530i "Titan"  '06 330ci "ZHPY"

bmw_spin.gif

3 hours ago, jmr_1602 said:

Not sure if it was mentioned. But the original post on IG was from Sam Smith from road and track.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In that case it's likely (or was) Ben's.

Cheers,

• Like 1

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

2 hours ago, John_in_VA said:

Got what?

+1

I suspect David is talking about the early OEM alloy rims (manufactured by FPS). Ryan, on the other hand, was referring to the Italian-market alloy rims (also manufactured by FPS) on VIN 2700132. Two different rims, and the former a 13” x 5” rim, the latter a 13” x 5.5” rim.

Regards,

Steve

• Like 1

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

12 hours ago, jmr_1602 said:

Not sure if it was mentioned. But the original post on IG was from Sam Smith from road and track.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! Now I am following Sam.

• Like 2

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

On ‎6‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 10:55 AM, 73tiiDavidPA said:

2700132 is an Italian market car that currently lives in SC.  While not a “tii test mule”, it might be the earliest tii stateside

2700056 was in Oregon 4 years ago. Owned by faq ID Schuetz1619.

• Like 5

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

I’ve never heard about this vin 270 test car....the earliest US spec production Tii, 2760001, did exist some years back in the south western US.  I believe it needed restoration but was road worthy.  It was for sale I think in Hemmings magazine at some point, maybe late 90’s and then there was an online article about the car a few years later that popped up, haven’t heard much about the car since then though.  

• Like 1

'03 BMW Z4 3.0i

’89 BMW 325is

'80 Mercedes-Benz 300SD
'20 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT

4 hours ago, Brandon said:

I’ve never heard about this vin 270 test car....the earliest US spec production Tii, 2760001, did exist some years back in the south western US.  I believe it needed restoration but was road worthy.  It was for sale I think in Hemmings magazine at some point, maybe late 90’s and then there was an online article about the car a few years later that popped up, haven’t heard much about the car since then though.  

2760001 was alive in Sacramento a few years back awaiting a restoration. Tom Jones ('02 man, not the singer) know the whereabouts of this car.

• Like 1

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

30 minutes ago, 02Les said:

2760001 was alive in Sacramento a few years back awaiting a restoration. Tom Jones ('02 man, not the singer) know the whereabouts of this car.

0002 was Max's car and is owned by larbo (Lloyd) who is on the board here.

Cheers,

• Like 1

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.