• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help with Color identification

SoFlo 02

I’d like to know what color most closely matches the current color! But if anyone has pictures of Artisblau that would be appreciated. I’ve done a search and it looks like an almost black blue

Bmw told me, based of my VIN, that it’s Arctisblau but in person it looks Baikal. And I can’t find any spot on the car that has signs of the original paint

This car was originally sold in Lebanon (1975 model). The interior was changed to an oyster color. The seats were done amazingly but the carpet and the doors are noticeably changed. They even covered the inside door locks over with fabric.

I’m assuming they could’ve also painted it, but so far I haven’t been able to find any of the “original” paint.

Coincidentally there is a 2002 in the same exact color owned by a shop near my house that is supposedly unrestored.

so I’m going to ask if I can see what color their sticker says

*these pictures are slightly edited to match closer to the color of the car in person

72d675cab937a2111496dd1967890ce0.jpg

279cbfa1a020dfef7312b42412de0811.jpg

Thanks for any help!

-Shamus P.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Forum member SMM_2002, quite a few posts in, shows his gorgeous Arktisblau metallic ‘02.

It’s a relatively rare color, certainly on U.S. cars. The default factory interior was gray (see the color concordances below), but — gray interiors being quite rare on U.S.-spec cars — I don’t know what color interiors generally came on U.S. Arktisblau cars. Below are the February 1974 and February 1975 global, all-models paint and upholstery concordances.

I realize yours is a Euro-spec car. I’m assuming you’ve pulled off door cards to examine the paint underneath. Have you tried removing the lower dashboard cover panels and examining the paint up under the dashboard?

Regards,

Steve

DCBC142B-9647-467D-AC21-834D3A470A39.jpeg

4764B2D1-F927-4EAC-B2E1-8935B7CD17DA.jpeg

1B948E74-F3C4-4459-B3C7-E5051D5DE580.jpeg

Edited by Conserv
  • Thanks 1

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)