• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Replacing clutch on a 6 bolt flywheel

zinz

...and lots of places (shit, me included) have a bridgeport and rotary table.  30 minutes

of setup, 20 minutes of indexing, drilling and tapping, and 10 minutes of cleanup make for an even hour

to do this...  and for an extra few, they could throw a cutter into the mill, and face it for almost not much more.

But I'm with Byron- get this to .005" or less runout.  

Or just get an 8 bolt crank.  

Or an S14 crank...

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

8 hours ago, TobyB said:

Or an S14 crank...

yeahhhhhhh.... maybe for the next project

BTW, folks... has anyone else noticed Toby's content count?  one more and he's got 17,000 posts... SEVENTEEN THOUSAND

...dayum

'69 Granada... long, long ago  

'71 Manila..such a great car

'67 Granada 2000CS...way cool

1 hour ago, Preyupy said:

how about this one?

Well.... isn't that a sexy bit of kit?  Nice...

Thanks Byron, I'm not planning on racing this old girl, and the engine only has 20,000 miles on it since David Cruse built it in '85.  I have no plans to replace the crank or get into this lump save to adjust the valves and modify the FW to accept a modern 228mm clutch.

Granada.thumb.jpg.87cfd285e586adb1cdeb9a6889e1fdc3.jpg

Ed Z

Edited by zinz
  • Like 1

'69 Granada... long, long ago  

'71 Manila..such a great car

'67 Granada 2000CS...way cool

1 hour ago, Preyupy said:

If you really want a 6 bolt crank how about this one?  I have a 6 bolt Aluminum flywheel set up for a single or dual 7.25" racing clutch too.   

6 bolt crank.JPG

That is sexy i will say.

Not that I am under any deadline anymore....haha, a 7.25" AP racing clutch (CP 2125 twin plate) takes 16-18 weeks to get (FYI in case you want/need one), they make to order, apparently not enough demand?  Apparently they are balanced so no need to balance the flywheel / clutch together ?  Haven't had a chance to visit with my engine builder on that one a I just did get the clutch in last week.

004.JPG

006.JPG

001.JPG

• Like 1

4 hours ago, zinz said:

Well.... isn't that a sexy bit of kit?  Nice...

Thanks Byron, I'm not planning on racing this old girl, and the engine only has 20,000 miles on it since David Cruse built it in '85.  I have no plans to replace the crank or get into this lump save to adjust the valves and modify the FW to accept a modern 228mm clutch.

Granada.thumb.jpg.87cfd285e586adb1cdeb9a6889e1fdc3.jpg

Ed Z

Now that is one sexy girl, if only you could fit a VS bra on those headlights?

• Haha 1

Happy Trails to u~ Dave Miller
76 Golf~Rhiannon~BM Mascot~*~97 328is~Silver Ghost~*~68 1600~Wisperin Beast~*~70-02~Bumble Beast~*~76 02~Beast~

Keep smilin all the way