• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Edited

resra

Saw this over on that other bmw forum. Those guys there are mostly weak-sauce when it comes to buying and like to point out the obvious. Here; maybe not as much, but likely no heavy hitters when it comes to buying e21's either.  

If it is was in CA and CARB certified I would already own it. Looks like a nice foundation. Wish CA did not have smog for these cars. I would love to put triple webers and a nice open exhaust on one.  

Anywhoo good luck with the sale. I just sold one in lessor condition for similar money. Sub $5K seems to be people's expectations. Why? I don't get it, with the 6 and disc brakes these cars are just as fun and cool as a 2002

but what do I know? 

• Like 2

But what do I know

I had the pleasure of speaking with the seller, a nicer gentleman you’ll never meet. Someone needs to pick this car up, if I had the room, there’s no doubt I’d have it here in St. Louis. The e21 323i was the pinnacle of the three series back in the day, with great power to weight ratio. This is a great opportunity for someone to end up a good example with a solid platform, for a fair price. 

Just my .02 cents worth, having owned quite a few of these over the years.

All the best,

Bill

1968 IMSA RS 2002 (Ex-Cohen, Thanner, Rickmers, Crider)

1974 SCCA ITA 2002 tii (Ex-Bates, Gamby)

1975 Miller & Norburn Alpina IMSA RS/SCCA GT3 320 (Ex-Craw, Garza, Cofrin, Ryba)

1977 SCCA ITB 320 (Ex-Fields, Takes)

1980 ETCC/EHCC Gruppe 2 320/6 (Ex-Ertel, Gebhardt)

1968 IMSA RS 2002,1970 COMMA GT2 2002
1975 Miller & Norburn IMSA RS 320, 1977 SCCA ITB 320
1979 BMWCCA D-Mod 323/2.8,1980 Gruppe 2/RT 323/3.5 turbo

22 hours ago, resra said:

Bill, thank you for the kind words. I would like to add that the trunk has the sport steering wheel horn button plus there are two boxes that I didn't have time to go through with parts in them. I know the new belt is in there. What else? I really don't know but they go with the car.

Stop tempting me man! 

• Like 1

But what do I know