• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Exhaust hanger U bolt

Is this a bmw specific part or something I can pick up at a local parts store?. It’s rattling and the nuts are stripped so need to cut off. Just ordered some other parts to be shipped, but don’t want to pay shipping on a $5 part of I don’t have to...

Thanks

bddb5b8565ef03d85d8371f0f4429272.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Generic part will work.  Just confirm the I.D. of the clamp matches the O.D. of the pipe.

Edit:  Sorry, I was thinking the clamp between the resonator and the muffler.  Again, see if you can find a u-clamp that matches the O.D. of the pipe AND fits through the holes in the bracket at the transmission.

Personally, I'd buy the OEM piece as it will have metric thread.

Edited by PaulTWinterton
  • Like 1

73 Inka Tii #2762958

12 hours ago, PaulTWinterton said:

Personally, I'd buy the OEM piece as it will have metric thread.

I did what Paul'd do and ordered one through Blunt.

I goofed and only ordered two of the rubberized washers (for lack of a better term).

Are yours in good shape?  If not, placing a mail order might start making more sense.

028.thumb.JPG.279fb238dae3a24ecebc58a5b1e9d119.JPG

You could grab a clamp locally, but I'd be sure to get the flaTTened kind, not all rOund.

Much better grip without deforming the pipe.

Size is 2" by 3" and five sixteenths ends, (assuming you are not going metric).

031.thumb.JPG.e27e5327c45adb6d1626839374117b21.JPG032.thumb.JPG.41d1b4700aaf8517a1fc68cf300a6e3e.JPG

I did pick up a U bolt but it might be a size up on threads, so not sure it will fit through the holes on the bracket. I didn’t know they made them with flattened out sections, but mine doesnt have that. I might do as mentioned and order to the actual parts, as welll as some future need parts I guess...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1