• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 2002ti

ClassDavid

Price: $7500

Description:
Vin 1680711 Very Early!!!

Built November 21, 1968 Delivered to Canada February 13, 1969. Originally polaris silver

Genuine numbers matching Ti however currently running with a 1972 2002tii engine  on dual Weber 40’s. (2761340)  Has an e21 five speed and still retains the boxed in trailing arms and long neck diff. I have an early four speed that is included. Floors are very nice but it suffers from the typical 2002 rust in the rockers and fenders. Although the rockers are decent.The nose has been replaced and although is a snorkel nose it is in very nice shape and was installed quite well. I have the original numbers matching block, pistons, cam, crank and valve cover however do not have the original head. It also comes with the Ti airbox and front badge. It also comes with a complete 1968 2000ti engine which from my understanding is the exact same. So would be easy to put the original engine back together and have a correct date stamped head and valve cover. Looking for $7,500US for everything. This is maybe one of the earliest surviving Ti’s! I’m moving and the car has to go! Wish I didn’t have to sell it as these cars never come up for sale. Especially a numbers matching early car in Polaris! Feel free to ask any questions! Price is flexible. Thanks

odOy3k8h.jpg?1

rSAEPq8h.jpg
ZSzSzz9h.jpg
qHb6fH3h.jpg
J97E5SXh.jpg
OVpSf4sh.jpg
L2DU6lAh.jpg
nJo5e6Nh.jpg
4TpZqKjh.jpg
mkJlWMgh.jpg
KEZnOJIh.jpg
iD9KrdTh.jpg
1kFIz3Fh.jpg
1cP1mRhh.jpg
P3S1dfmh.jpg
2uNQR28h.jpg
F73bv7oh.jpg
1rfOXO3h.jpg
y8DnTV9h.jpg
EfDs44rh.jpg
uwYjdGxh.jpg
EdKODpJh.jpg
XJW1Fhbh.jpg
fuHy9Dfh.jpg
eAaxgIsh.jpg
4T5jvSzh.jpg
spE1TFnh.jpg
LmTNYw3h.jpg
yCxNcPuh.jpg
ygnxKR4h.jpg
wCbIQO8h.jpg
oBppz0dh.jpg
vpC6QUrh.jpg
10fN79lh.jpg
fxXBrUQh.jpg
JGlIEyyh.jpg
pZRwvKah.jpg
caff1Jjh.jpg
nmSY5oyh.jpg
GllidPFh.jpg
1MxH9fVh.jpg
66SQhqbh.jpg
pZRwvKah.jpg
GllidPFh.jpg
A0RwNHzh.jpg
DcnOM0mh.jpg
Edited by ClassDavid
  • Like 1

By “nose,” I gather you mean the entire front clip and not simply the front fascia and radiator support.  Given the relay rack on the left inner fender, the 12-fuse fuse holder, and the lack of ti airbox brackets, this was a square taillight’s front clip (post August 1973).

Still, with the original block still present and a front clip from an early ‘02, this remains a viable bona fide ti...,

I hope this car finds the right buyer.

Regards,

Steve

Edited by Conserv

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

16 minutes ago, 02Les said:

Special!!? Delivered February 31st ?

Good catch!

4 minutes ago, Conserv said:

By “nose,” I gather you mean the entire front clip: given the relay rack on the left inner fender, the 12-fuse fuse holder, and the lack of ti airbox brackets, this was a square taillight’s front clip (post August 1973).

Still, with the original block still present and a front clip from an early ‘02, this remains a viable bona fide ti...,

I hope this car finds the right buyer.

Regards,

Steve

Good eye! The ti airbox brackets were cut out for the replica. The one picture shows that. Not sure who put the 12-fuse in but you can tell its not original as the stamping is non existent. Just the nose was replaced! The both inner fenders are original.

I see, the inner fenders do not have the “shallow valley” fore of the strut mount for a controlled crush zone, as you would find on later cars. Still, the relay rack and 12-fuse fuse holder are off-putting...

GLWS,

Steve

Edited by Conserv

1 hour ago, Conserv said:

I see, the inner fenders do not have the “shallow valley” fore of the strut mount for a controlled crush zone, as you would find on later cars. Still, the relay rack and 12-fuse fuse holder are off-putting...

GLWS,

Steve

Yeah, fair enough. Ovisouly someone changed the wiring harness out at one point

3 hours ago, ClassDavid said:
Price: $8500

Description:

Built November 21, 1968 Delivered to Canada February 13, 1969. Originally polaris silver

Genuine numbers matching Ti however lots of the Ti specific parts were taken off for a replica back in the late 80’s. Currently running with a 1972 2002tii engine  on dual Weber 40’s. (2761340)  Has an e21 five speed and still retains the boxed in trailing arms and long neck diff. Floors are quite nice but it suffers from the typical 2002 rust in the rockers and fenders. The nose has been replaced and is quite good. (snorkel nose) I have the original numbers matching block, pistons, cam, crank and valve cover however do not have the original head. It also comes with the Ti airbox and front badge. Looking for $8,500US

ATXyXeEh.jpg

Curious to find out if you know any history or where in BC the car was sold/purchase. I ask because I have had some dealing with another local 02 enthusiast  who had a brother in AB. both of whom each  owned  Ti's(hoarders....lol) . As a matter fact sold another 69 to a collector in San Diego  a few years back.

Mike

Took some more pictures and edited the ad. Forgot to mention it comes with a 1968 2000ti Engine and a original four speed as well. This is a rare car and definitely worth the effort. The important parts are there. Would love to see this car go to a good home! These were never sold in the states and only a handful were sold in Canada. Production started in Sept 68 and this one was made in November so it is very early. Out of the 16448 this is number 711.

Edited by ClassDavid

14 hours ago, Alpinaguru said:

Someone changed out the Brake Booster too. I’m sure 2002ti/tii’s had bigger brake boosters.

Well, the ti and tii shared the T-51 ATE booster, which was a bit longer than the ordinary 2002 booster but appreciably smaller in diameter, to clear the sidedraft carbs/injection and the ti/tii airboxes. I can’t confirm from the photos here that it’s still a T-51, but there aren’t a lot of alternative boosters that will work in those close quarters.

Below: the T-51 from a 1972 tii, VIN 2762204.

Regards,

Steve

A9195BF0-C175-4FE9-9C54-54FF0501052C.jpeg

53A782EF-1B5D-4A81-B09C-5EA62E494511.jpeg