• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB: Roundie daily driver

Mazubo

Hi all, I joined the forums to help learn more about the 2002's, and am on the hunt. I've been looking on eBay, Craigslist, Kijiji, as well as here BaT [emoji106].

I live in Vancouver, BC Canada and am a bit taken back by how much it costs to ship (open/enclosed from areas of the USA to PNW Seattle area. So hoping to find something within Canada or the west coast that would be able to be driven back home..

I'm looking for a car with little/no rust if possible. My goal is to put work into the car if needed, and to give it a good home. It will be driven 3-4 days a week. I'm relatively new to these forums, so not exactly sure of what to ask for, or what to mention. Everybody in these forums seem to be extremely open and helpful which is appreciated!

Cheers to all!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

I have no real details on this car. Been for sale for awhile and it's in Vancouver? It is listed on the BMW 2002 Buy, Sell and Trade page. Might be worth a look it he still has it. Maybe a little more work than you wanted but it's a numbers matching tii in original Altlatic Blue. (Love that color)

Here is the link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/590776844359454/permalink/1403039849799812/?sale_post_id=1403039849799812

$12,000

Vancouver, British Columbia

Selling this project 

1972 bmw 2002tii

Number 44# built car low production 

Numbers matching 

Engine does turn.. but we haven't tried to start it 

Needs some rust repair in the floors and some in trunk available at restoration design 

Shock towers are good 

Rare car .. original Atlantic blue 

Call 778 8296582

My quick observation was that the grill is incorrect for a 72. Should be silver. Also, the belt trim is missing which could cost you $1000 if you want to go original or about $100 if you go with the plastic stuff. Daily driver, I might go the cheap route until you want to really restore it and pick up pieces as you can find them on the "parts for sale section"

Edited by Jbaumshelter

For a bit more info, here's one that looks decent, however not the color I'm after.. it seems to be in fairly decent shape.

Please view this ad:

BMW 2002 E10,
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/kelowna/bmw-2002-e10/1363330531?utm_source=com.google.android.apps.docs&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=socialbuttons&utm_content=app_android

Price: $ 13,900

I'm guessing that a decent daily driver would go anywhere from $6000-$15000? 

I'm heading over to the German Car Festival today to see if I can talk to some owners and get some ideas or a possibly a line on one ?

Decent daily is going to set you back $10k IMO. Everybody's definition of decent is different. Be aware of scam sites also. Here is a good thread to read. 

Also, there are a lot of trustworthy people on this forum. I wouldn't hesitate to find a car, post pictures along with the VIN and let everyone give you their 2 cents. Some guys on this thread command some serious respect and can tell you the whole dam history of cars you are looking at. Have funs shopping and take your time. Don't get in a hurry. Lots of options out there.