• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Value of a Tii Roundie project?

SmoresTM

Is the clean looking item in the box a rebuilt injector pump? And is the throttle body in the bag to the lower right of the pump? If so, that stuff's worth quite a lot just by itself

image.png.bf1d3cec9f72ca9baff36a3bb6d253ff.pngimageproxy.php?img=&key=c723ef59fd17d18f

Edited by JerryC
  • Like 1

Jerry

no bimmer, for now

53 minutes ago, JerryC said:

Is the clean looking item in the box a rebuilt injector pump? And is the throttle body in the bag to the lower right of the pump? If so, that stuff's worth quite a lot just by itself

image.png.bf1d3cec9f72ca9baff36a3bb6d253ff.pngimageproxy.php?img=&key=c723ef59fd17d18f

+1 on that clean looking pump. Looks like an early mirror in the middle box. Manual and receipts in the KF pump box. 3 ring binder in rear box.  This car is rusty but very early and a rare color for a tii.  Sad.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

21 hours ago, SmoresTM said:

I received my response from them just a few moments ago. Looks like schwarz is not the original color, but it’s riviera. I’ll look at rust and check to see if the engine numbers match and report back.

Ignore the other VIN, that’s for my personal 2002 which I always thought was originally pastellblau. Learn something new every day!
bfdcfde3aa27c2e0011e7d21c1389dbc.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Given the new information regarding your ‘76, Sam, does this mean you must reword your signature line, from “1976 Pastellblau Project” to “1976 Fjord Project”?  ?

Hmm...

Regards,

Steve

Edited by Conserv
  • Like 1

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

1 hour ago, Conserv said:

Given the new information regarding your ‘76, Sam, does this mean you must reword your signature line, from “1976 Pastellblau Project” to “1976 Fjord Project”?  ?

Hmm...

Regards,

Steve

Steve, you might just be right. Perhaps rewording my signature is in order. I do, however, think I'll be sticking with Pastellblau. I wasn't sold on the color when I first got the car, but I've grown to love it. I couldn't imaging this 2002 being anything but Pastellblau. And to be honest, when time comes to paint, it will be much more budget-friendly to repaint the exterior Pastellblau than having to remove the engine, interior, etc. to repaint the car back to the original color. ?

• Like 1

-Sam

1976 Pastellblau Project

Also, an update for this tread, I had a chat with the owner of the car. He appreciates everyone's input and asked that I list the car at $3500, somewhat firm, so I'll be posting a classified ad today. If anyone has any interest, please feel free to let me know. 

• Like 2

-Sam

1976 Pastellblau Project

2 hours ago, Conserv said:

Steve

I've actually learned a couple of interesting things about my car through this process. Apparently I've never thought to check my engine number. Well, looks like I actually do have the original motor. Who knew? Now I'm not sure to do with the rebuilt motor I bought a few months ago...

• Like 1

-Sam

1976 Pastellblau Project

3 hours ago, SmoresTM said:

Also, an update for this tread, I had a chat with the owner of the car. He appreciates everyone's input and asked that I list the car at $3500, somewhat firm, so I'll be posting a classified ad today. If anyone has any interest, please feel free to let me know. 

OK, ‘02 Lovers,

Surely someone here has some welding skills, would like to acquire some welding skills, or has a (very good) friend with welding skills. This is your big opportunity to restore an early tii in a great and rare color: Riviera!

GLWS!

Steve

• Thanks 1

I just went through this same thing, the emotional and financial tug of war to restoring my early 2002tii! Many were quick to write her off, and saving the car did come down to finding the right guy with the right skills. Metal work is time consuming ($$$$) and thus finding a guy who can provide an accurate quote and see the job through is everything. I wish the future owner the best of luck, it is a challenging process but so worth it in the end when you get to save such an early example.

-Ryan

• Like 1

-Ryan

02/02 Z8 Jet Black

05/87 M3 Hennarot

04/71 2002tii Baikal

OK, ‘02 Lovers,

Surely someone here has some welding skills, would like to acquire some welding skills, or has a (very good) friend with welding skills. This is your big opportunity to restore an early tii in a great and rare color: Riviera!

GLWS!

Steve

I would buy it, however, I need to find a place to store it, while finish my 67 1800, and a cheap method to transport to the west coast.. I have a great welder and body/paint friend of mine...hmmmmm. Too many projects right now. I would get it just to do later. Dilemmas, dilemmas!!
Matt

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Schnellvintage said:

I would buy it, however, I need to find a place to store it, while finish my 67 1800, and a cheap method to transport to the west coast.. I have a great welder and body/paint friend of mine...hmmmmm. Too many projects right now. I would get it just to do later. Dilemmas, dilemmas!!
Matt

Meh... ?

Everyone’s driving Riviera tii’s, Matt. Oh, wait, what did Jim G. say: it’s rare on tii’s? Oh...come to think of it, I have never seen a factory Riviera tii. Hmm...  Matching numbers?  ‘71 build?

Oh...look at that: where’d that photo of Jim G’s Riviera “ti”, fresh from the paint shop, come from?

Just ignore me.... ?

Best regards,

Steve

B5A9178B-4BF3-42C8-9702-8085598E4C1C.jpeg

Edited by Conserv
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, SmoresTM said:

Now I'm not sure to do with the rebuilt motor I bought a few months ago...

That's easy- put in the rebuilt motor (or build it big) and pull the 'numbers matching' engine for the people that care about such things- so that when you sell it the numbers matching engine is there with it.  I'm literally doing that right now- taking a break from lowering the car down onto the new motor...

• Like 1

Dave.

'76, totally stock. Completely.

2 hours ago, Conserv said:

Meh... ?

Everyone’s driving Riviera tii’s, Matt. Oh, wait, what did Jim G. say: it’s rare on tii’s? Oh...come to think of it, I have never seen a factory Riviera tii. Hmm...  Matching numbers?  ‘71 build?

Oh...look at that: where’d that photo of Jim G’s “ti” fresh from the paint shop come from?

Just ignore me.... ?

Best regards,

Steve

B5A9178B-4BF3-42C8-9702-8085598E4C1C.jpeg

My color change from Nevada to Riviera was mainly due to Matthew Cervi's former 73tii.

VinattheVin09_036.jpg

VinattheVin09_030.jpg

JimandMatthew.jpg

Meets_2008-05_VatV_3_Show_IMG_2264_.jpg

Vintage2008Meet058.jpg

D83E6975-7E02-432B-AD8E-B56A98178CE7_zps

DE2D4ED0-B05D-4871-9126-AC598B9E1CBD_zps

Now a REAL Schwartz 73tii like Kris Tobias' former car would be an amazing find.

DSC_0555.jpg

DSC_0558.jpg

DSC_0557.jpg

DSC_0556.jpg

DSC_0506.jpg

DSC_0505.jpg

I love all 2002's, regardless of the body style, bumpers or color.  Grice's Verona car is very cool

DSC_0442.jpg

DSC_0443.jpg

3E07C13A-3F7E-4428-8862-B79D94686AA0_zps

• Like 2

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

That's easy- put in the rebuilt motor (or build it big) and pull the 'numbers matching' engine for the people that care about such things- so that when you sell it the numbers matching engine is there with it.  I'm literally doing that right now- taking a break from lowering the car down onto the new motor...

That was the plan originally, and then I was going to build the motor in it to one day run boost. But if the motor in it is the original, I might just set it aside and keep it safe. I can’t believe I never thought to check the numbers, I always just assumed I had a replacement motor. I wonder if it has ever had a rebuild...

-Sam

1976 Pastellblau Project

• 4 weeks later...