• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I think I found it! Help needed..

Mazubo

Just an update here.. I asked for the car to have a PPI done, and it was sent to Oceanside Motorsports for the inspection. The owner is versed in 2002's and wanted to be a part of the inspection. They take detailed pictures of everything. I asked them to firstly check the frame rails, and and all areas as this would seem to be the more expensive repair work for me on my own.. I haven't heard back yet, but possibly Monday..

That frame rail jumps out ask super sketchy to me... but I think it should be worth more than the 4K Ray thinks it’s worth... it all depends on the structural everywhere else.

Edit- I glossed over a few of the photos... I’ve got some more concerns as well. I’ll revise and say while I don’t think it’s a 4k’r, it’s not a 13k vehicle IMO.

Disclaimer... it might because I’m looking at some rust repair on my driver side framerail/behind the rear wheels, and all signs point to doing the repairs right to retain value.... but to do right means €€€ ($$$)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

A big thanks to all who forwarded tips and advice on this particular car. I received a very detailed document from Oceanside Motorsports with clear pictures of leaks/tears/rips/and rust patches underneath the car as well as in the suspect areas. I have decided to pass on this car. I do however recommend Oceanside Motorsports due to their transparency, and attention to detail. For some reason they said the service was complimentary, and I did not have to pay !? That is NOT why I recommend them, but that was definitely a bonus!

My search continues!

What I've learned:

* A PPI from a solid shop is cheaper than fixing/repairing issues.

* I'm open to paying more for a solid body; look for a car that's had it's previous life in the sun belt, or dry climates ?

* Pictures provided by seller, although fairly decent, do not tell the whole story. No hard feeling, however the PPI helped me confidently make my decision.

* Asking for help here in the 02FAQ Forums was a great move! I'm glad to be surrounded by knowledgeable people, and I hope to be able to provide the same help moving forward.

• Like 3