• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MSN Today: The Best Classic Cars for Daily Driving

COOP

Funny, I didn't see the Abrahms A1 tank listed. Must not be old enough to be a classic...although perfect for my 50 mile drive in the Bay Area.

The only classics I see during commute hours are on their way out of the area.

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes

Funny.  I have daily driven like 5 in that list ( Datsun, Volvo, Saab, Porsche and 2002). Lol. Have to admit the 2002 is the most fun. I guess I have had good taste in daily drivers.  

1976 BMW 2002 Fjord Blue Ireland Stage II • Bilstein Sports • Ireland Headers • Weber 38 • 292 Cam • 9.5:1 Pistons • 123Tune Bluetooth 15" BBS

2018 BMW M550i X-Drive

1964 Volvo Amazon Wagon
http://www.project2002.com

43 minutes ago, jrhone said:

Funny.  I have daily driven like 5 in that list ( Datsun, Volvo, Saab, Porsche and 2002). Lol. Have to admit the 2002 is the most fun. I guess I have had good taste in daily drivers.  

Agree.  I own two on the list (240Z being the other) and I much prefer driving my 2002.

2 hours ago, JohnS said:

I always thought of the Datsun 510 as the poor man's 2002.  I used to own a 510 and also a 240Z back in the day.  

That’s because it was designed as the poor mans 2002.  Literally.  Front engine. Rear wheel drive. Independent rear suspension. 4 cylinder. 1600-2000cc motors. 

1976 BMW 2002 Fjord Blue Ireland Stage II • Bilstein Sports • Ireland Headers • Weber 38 • 292 Cam • 9.5:1 Pistons • 123Tune Bluetooth 15" BBS

2018 BMW M550i X-Drive

1964 Volvo Amazon Wagon
http://www.project2002.com

Would more press like this benefit the '02 community and, if so, should we be making a concerted effort to get the word out?

The more press these great little cars get, the bigger our group gets, the more our cars are worth, and the more the aftermarket will support them.  I suppose increased prices is a double edged sword, cutting against those who want multiple '02s and increasing the cost of not easily reproducible parts.

Josh (in Dallas)

'72 tii