• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BMW 2002, 1973 fuel filter

Konstantin

8 hours ago, Mark92131 said:

He didn't buy that battery at Pepboys :-). 

Things are not always as they appear.  I knew of an Alfa Spyder - in Italy - that was wearing a set of Cornell tires (fitted before the car was shipped from US to Naples).  Not exactly certain from what retailer the tires were obtained, but we can guess.  ?

I didn't read all two pages of replies, but I'll offer up what I know - and perhaps this has already been mentioned:

Non-tiis did not have an inline fuel filter. I use the tii METAL canister type (BMW part number 13 32 1 256 492), and install it between the firewall and the fuel pump. When possible, I buy the smaller diameter version from an OEM manufacturer (like Knecht, Mahle, etc.) Depending on the car, I'll either insulate it (using inner tube rubber and zip-ties) to keep it from rubbing on things, or use a "P" shaped clip on the hose, to distance the filter from the intake manifold - and so it's not hanging unsupported in mid air. I am not a fan of plastic or glass fuel filters - and I've seen even the metal ones get worn through from contact with engine parts…hence the insulation / clip stuff above. 

Hope this helps!

Edited by wegweiser

Paul Wegweiser

Wegweiser Classic BMW Services

Nationwide vehicle transport available

NEW WEBSITE! www.zenwrench.com