• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I need pictures of 1600 glove box latch strike

Road trip

I searched real  oem but when I entered my vin it showed me as a e30

Anyway I need pics of two things :

1. The piece that the glove box latch 

connects to,

2. The attachment of the front sissor hinge

To the bottom of dash.

2 hours ago, jgerock said:

Here are some pics I took of a 68 1600

IMG_0345.jpg

IMG_0346.jpg

My 69 2002 has a similar glove box.  Can take more pics tomorrow if you need them.

IMG_7789.jpg

IMG_7790.jpg

IMG_7791.jpg

IMG_7500-1.jpg

It is similar but, not the same.

mine has a cross bar that attaches to bottom of dash 

77DDC538-3D9B-4C58-A228-7EE50F34383F.jpeg

Below is the page from my old Parts Book showing the glove box and all its components. It gives you the individual part numbers for the latch and the "bearings" (like a pipe clamp) and the quantities you require (no doubt all will be long NLA). The same can be found using RealOem, and its the best your going to get.

I would suggest, as others have, that you get used to using RealOem; it is a great utility. Or, you could by the Parts Books!

Scan_Doc0009.pdf

Scan_Doc0010.pdf

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

I'll be going through this same process soon.  I do have a sample car to look at, and it appears that you could convert the arms to a similar setup as pictured above.  The cross-bar arms are dimensionally the same.

Here's some shots of the early glove-box restoration if it helps.  Hang onto those trim washers though, they are not available anymore and there is nothing out there exactly like them.

43212710614_669ba05de4_c.jpg

https://www.flickr.com/photos/152898763@N04/albums/72157694165745790/with/42122539010/

2 hours ago, AceAndrew said:

I'll be going through this same process soon.  I do have a sample car to look at, and it appears that you could convert the arms to a similar setup as pictured above.  The cross-bar arms are dimensionally the same.

Here's some shots of the early glove-box restoration if it helps.  Hang onto those trim washers though, they are not available anymore and there is nothing out there exactly like them.

43212710614_669ba05de4_c.jpg

https://www.flickr.com/photos/152898763@N04/albums/72157694165745790/with/42122539010/

Nice pictures but now of them show

the parts that the cross bar attaches to

Based on the photos above, the cross bar attaches (look like rivets holding it) to two angled "L" shaped brackets (one shown below), each one held to the car/steel under the dashboard by 6mm (10mm head) bolts. My 1972 has the slightly raised platform to mount these brackets (note raised area directly above bracket) , but it is not drilled or tapped with threads. You could easily have those brackets made, since they're NLA. BTW: please use washers under those bolts… it drives me CRAZY when people assemble things without washers!

Am I missing something?

imageproxy.php.jpeg

Edited by wegweiser

Paul Wegweiser

Wegweiser Classic BMW Services

Nationwide vehicle transport available

NEW WEBSITE! www.zenwrench.com

4 hours ago, wegweiser said:

Based on the photos above, the cross bar attaches (look like rivets holding it) to two angled "L" shaped brackets (one shown below), each one held to the car/steel under the dashboard by 6mm (10mm head) bolts. My 1972 has the slightly raised platform to mount these brackets (note raised area directly above bracket) , but it is not drilled or tapped with threads. You could easily have those brackets made, since they're NLA. BTW: please use washers under those bolts… it drives me CRAZY when people assemble things without washers!

Am I missing something?

imageproxy.php.jpeg

Mine is different , it has a cross bar

that attaches with item 11 in illustration .

i need these pieces and photo of their exact placement

63DD9AC8-F499-499B-A59A-67E7ED310581.png

• Like 1