• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I need pictures of 1600 glove box latch strike

Road trip

On 8/9/2018 at 1:42 AM, wegweiser said:

Based on the photos above, the cross bar attaches (look like rivets holding it) to two angled "L" shaped brackets (one shown below), each one held to the car/steel under the dashboard by 6mm (10mm head) bolts. My 1972 has the slightly raised platform to mount these brackets (note raised area directly above bracket) , but it is not drilled or tapped with threads. You could easily have those brackets made, since they're NLA. BTW: please use washers under those bolts… it drives me CRAZY when people assemble things without washers!

Am I missing something?

imageproxy.php.jpeg

This is my picture of the 69.  There weren't any washers under the bolts when I took it apart.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

I've never seen those black blocks before. Thanks for the education! Bet they could be easily made or even 3D printed at a reasonable cost. If I were to make them - I'd probably use aluminum blocks and pay a machine shop to create a couple extra. 

Perhaps try European / overseas vendors like Jaymic for these? 

• Thanks 1

Paul Wegweiser

Wegweiser Classic BMW Services

Nationwide vehicle transport available

NEW WEBSITE! www.zenwrench.com

Perhaps a pipe clamp could be made to work. Check for Hydac or Stauff clamps. Maybe utilise the two plastic halves and the top plate. Assume tapped holes are on the underside of the dash.

1974094257_pipeclamp.jpg.09fb1532a4bf7a7573efdfb71184b825.jpg

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

4 hours ago, 02Les said:

Perhaps a pipe clamp could be made to work. Check for Hydac or Stauff clamps. Maybe utilise the two plastic halves and the top plate. Assume tapped holes are on the underside of the dash.

1974094257_pipeclamp.jpg.09fb1532a4bf7a7573efdfb71184b825.jpg

There are no tapped holes because the previous owner cut out the dash to install 

a Mark V a/c. I need to repair the dash

metal where cut and locate a new lower

portion of dash.

C5733185-6897-4690-B2E0-427C6540BFF5.jpeg

7D6CDA7B-5547-4F84-A4A0-27B6F732E897.jpeg

On 8/8/2018 at 3:42 PM, Lorin said:

90A6B2C8-D678-42C2-AB00-D270EDACEC10_zps

This is my '68, not sure if original since the dash was replaced with a later model unit. The glove box links bolted on like the other pics shown.

Thank you for posting this pic it’s exactly what I need to help locate the same