• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

tii throttle body lever differences: parts book help

jgerock

Interesting details on these cars.  I'm betting there were many minor changes made from 71-74. 

I had downloaded the parts file from the tii registry (courtesy of Keith Kreeger), but find flipping thru the old parts books enjoyable.  I'd love to find something bound that is in better shape.

Edited by jgerock

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

• 4 months later...

I am curious about the holes in my early throttle body that don’t exist in later throttle bodies.

I am intending to use the early version throttle body for an engine build I am currently working on, but wondering how the holes will affect tuning and why they were eliminated in the later versions.

Three of the four holes can be seen in the photos below. The fourth hole is hidden behind the shaft of the eccentric. With the butterfly closed, two of the holes are before the butterfly and the other two are after the butterfly. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Tony

652916307_TBCompare1_LI.thumb.jpg.6df109cc80c616b94ab6dd318c743c4c.jpg1815728945_TBCompare2_LI.thumb.jpg.6881ceff2173677df4e76caaee88bbff.jpg

Tony Garton

1972 2002tii

4 hours ago, Ensign said:

holes in my early throttle body that don’t exist in later throttle bodies.

You can see the extra holes inside the TB? 

In theory holes before the butterfly are just unfiltered air added to filtered air.  It shouldn't effect tuning.

Holes after the butterfly would allow "uncontrolled" air to enter the system, affecting air/fuel tuning, and vacuum loss.  I believe the only hole should be the re-cycle from the valve cover.

73 Inka Tii #2762958