• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB Exterior Door tublers

Skurvilla

3 minutes ago, scoyote said:

If your handles are decent just change out your lock mechanisms---maybe your locksmith can play with the tumblers and re key to match what you have? Just need to find a badly pitted set that has intact locks--Do you need only one or both?  easy job to swap out---scoyote

yea I need to buy I guess 2 sets of tumblers just in case the other one is bad too. by handles aren't pitted at all, it just seems to be the tumbler 

If you buy used tumblers (the lock assemblies) make sure they are the same profile as your existing key(s). As long as they are the same profile (this is usually marked on the inside of the door handle as I recall (with a "W" or "X"?) you can easily re-key them to fit your keys (or have a locksmith do it.) Often, you can simply remove select "biscuits" from the cylinders until the key slides in and rotates freely. Takes some patience and micro-surgery, but it's not a hateful job. (lay some clean paper towels on the dining room table and enjoy the Zen of it.) I loathe having different keys for doors vs ignition…but this may not bother you. 

Paul Wegweiser

Wegweiser Classic BMW Services

Nationwide vehicle transport available

NEW WEBSITE! www.zenwrench.com