• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New cars

Henning02

4 minutes ago, Henning02 said:

I'm located in Norway. It's correct that the red is originally Colorado. Probably repainted over 25 years ago. The touring was last driven in 1997. I got them from my father in law. 

Another wow from me. Hoping you start a blog to keep us updated on your projects.  

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

I will try to do that. I like to follow others projects so I guess I should start a blog. Sadly I have to go to work for two weeks first. I will try to get the touring running first so I can take it for a ride. Then it needs some bodywork and a repaint. It has some rust, but not very much. 

Welcome to the 2002 fraternity/sorority.  Lotsa nice folks and tons of information here.  And it sounds like you have a great father-in-law!  Mine taught me how to work on cars (I was dating his daughter--in a Renault--and he wanted to make sure we got home OK).  Unfortunately he passed away the year before 2002s came out, so we never got to work on one together.  His lessons still apply, though.

mike

• Like 1

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

16 hours ago, Tommy said:

Very nice, they don't look to be in too bad shape. Welcome. 

Thank you. The touring is in a pretty good shape. Need to do some welding on the right wheel arch. But I haven't got a total overlook yet. The other one hat rust on what I understand is the usual spots. Got my hands on a brand new front fender and front bumper. Maybe both rear sides also. Original BMW parts. 

8 hours ago, mike said:

Welcome to the 2002 fraternity/sorority.  Lotsa nice folks and tons of information here.  And it sounds like you have a great father-in-law!  Mine taught me how to work on cars (I was dating his daughter--in a Renault--and he wanted to make sure we got home OK).  Unfortunately he passed away the year before 2002s came out, so we never got to work on one together.  His lessons still apply, though.

mike

Thanks Mike! 

I have already found lots of information here. My father in law is a hardcore BMW fan, but he gave up old cars years ago. Now he just drive new cars. He said that I could have them if I were interested in giving them a new chance. He did not want to sell them so he said I could take them or else they would stay were they are. I was not hard to persuade:)

• Like 1

I gotta say I'm jealous of your touring, I always loved the look but haven't seen more than one or two in person yet.
you will find an answer to almost anything you need here, if its a part, someone probably has one.

If its knowledge, there are either people who can inform you... or at least to tell you to search the forum.