• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Call Britney Spears, cause Oops, I Did It Again...

...And now there are 2... 

I had been pursuing this '74 tii "barn find" for a couple of years and then finally gave up. The owner reached out to me out of the blue last week and I immediately went over there to try and strike a deal. Made an offer and ultimately it was accepted. The car isn't running at the moment, but I'm almost 100% sure it's the fuel pump. Hilarious thing is that she is the same Fjord color as my recently completed '76 2002. Going to do a complete restoration but change the interior color from tan to black. She is mostly very very solid, but I have a few minor rust issues to address. Car ran good when I test drove it 2 years ago, so hopefully all is still cool mechanically. Gonna get it running again first then begin a teardown for paint and bodywork. Super excited about the nostalgia of all of this because my very first car was a '74 tii. :D 

0815181134_HDR.jpg

0815181247_HDR.jpg

0815181343_HDR.jpg

Edited by RenaissanceMan
  • Like 7

Adam in Nashville

'74 2002tii, '90 E30/S52, '72 Alfa GTV, '86 Alfa Spider Veloce, '05 E53 X5, '06 E90 325i,

i will love to help you out! 

Please give me Britney's number and I will give her a call.....

• Haha 1

Loose: Not tightly bound. Subject to motion.
Lose: What happens when you are spell check dependent.

1975 Malaga. It is rusty and  springs an occasional leak.  Just like me. 

Niiiiiiice!   I love finding these kinds of deals and, now that I've bought too many of them and don't have room for more, I love it when somebody buys and restores them...while sharing the adventure, of course!    

Current: '74 2002,75 2002, 88 E28 M5(2), 92 E34 M5, 02 E39 M5, 01 E39T M5, 08 E93 328i, 08 E61 535i, 09 E93 335i, 09 E91 328ix, 12 E70 3.5i  '67 Alfa Romeo Spider; '69 Alfa Romeo Spider, '08 Dodge 1500 SLT. Past BMWs: '74 2002tii, '74 2002, '76 E12 530i, '78 E12 528i, '85 E28 535is, '93 E34 528iT, '94 E34 528i, '99 E36 328ic (2) '99 E39 528iT, '03 E46 330i convt., '07 E90 328i

Man I know it's only pictures and we can't see the whole car, but IMHO I would not restore that car, it looks good and it's getting to the point where the unrestored  Tii examples are bringing in the top bucks.

If everybody in the room is thinking the same thing, then someone is not thinking.

George S Patton 

Planning the Normandy Break out 1944

Interesting...yet another squarelight Fjord car with a tan interior (presuming both paint and interior are original)...most I've seen have dark blue or even black.  

I agree with Son of Marty--get it running, give the interior and exterior a good cleaning, and especially if the paint is original leave it be, patina and all.  A car is only original once...

That's exactly what I'm doing with my 122k mile, all original E30 318is--even to the extent of having dozens of hail dents removed from the original paint rather than having it repainted after the 2014 Kansas Hail Storm Disaster...

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

33 minutes ago, Son of Marty said:

Man I know it's only pictures and we can't see the whole car, but IMHO I would not restore that car, it looks good and it's getting to the point where the unrestored  Tii examples are bringing in the top bucks.

21 minutes ago, mike said:

I agree with Son of Marty--get it running, give the interior and exterior a good cleaning, and especially if the paint is original leave it be, patina and all.  A car is only original once...

Although I agree with both of you 100%, this is unfortunately not that candidate. The original color was Fjord, but a previous owner did a terrible respray in red and then the car was basically reworked and then 'covered' in Fjord again, along with a mysterious flat black respray on the undersides of the hood and trunk. (?!?) If the paint was even partially original I might consider leaving her be, but the fact that there are a few rusty areas and the 2nd respray needs attention I'm deciding to do a full paint job and correct everything in the process. Interior is partially original but is in pretty rough shape and definitely needs to be addressed. 

My current '76 Fjord has a blue interior... I am planning on going black with this one, as I am not a fan of the Fjord/Tan combo. 

Adam in Nashville

'74 2002tii, '90 E30/S52, '72 Alfa GTV, '86 Alfa Spider Veloce, '05 E53 X5, '06 E90 325i,

34 minutes ago, Hodgepodge said:

Niiiiiiice!   I love finding these kinds of deals and, now that I've bought too many of them and don't have room for more, I love it when somebody buys and restores them...while sharing the adventure, of course!    

This was a deal I could not pass up, especially given the current market with tii's... The bad part is that now we are a 6 car family (just my wife and me), and only have a 2 car garage. It's out of control. Will definitely need to sell something. :)

• Like 1

Adam in Nashville

You probably know the drill, having owned a bunch, but I'll say it again :) :

Do everything in your power to preserve / not damage the (probably still perfectly OK)  injection pump and injectors, with funky stuff from the fuel supply system (tank, hoses, elec pump, filters, etc.)

Congratulations on saving another one! This warms my heart!

Paul Wegweiser

Wegweiser Classic BMW Services

Nationwide vehicle transport available

NEW WEBSITE! www.zenwrench.com

2 minutes ago, wegweiser said:

You probably know the drill, having owned a bunch, but I'll say it again :) :

Do everything in your power to preserve / not damage the (probably still perfectly OK)  injection pump and injectors, with funky stuff from the fuel supply system (tank, hoses, elec pump, filters, etc.)

Congratulations on saving another one! This warms my heart!

Thanks, bro. Will definitely be as careful as I can. 

Adam in Nashville

23 hours ago, RenaissanceMan said:

... now we are a 6 car family (just my wife and me), and only have a 2 car garage... 

I've found off site storage to help solve that problem. Of course, my car can't stay off site at the paint shop forever. Thank goodness they are small cars.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes

On ‎8‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 10:10 PM, RenaissanceMan said:

The bad part is that now we are a 6 car family (just my wife and me), and only have a 2 car garage. It's out of control. Will definitely need to sell something. :)

Hmmm, I know the feeling. Pics when we moved to TN nearly 4 years ago. Still have everything & there's just the two of us.

DSCN1156sm.jpg.d00af1d74980ccb00adc2db83fc1f215.jpgDSCN1157sm.JPG.8ed99016d8aa0df191af7c5f69417bcd.JPG

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17