• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

what is sought after year of 2002’s bside the tii, touring

RedHook

11 hours ago, gordon415 said:

I would argue my specific '71 (built November '70) is the most sought after. Especially with the strategically-placed dings and rust. I could get you a good price. 

JK...Heidi's not for sale.

I agree with Esty. Additionally, you have to think about where you live as well as what you find appealing. '76 are great anywhere except California because of smog requirements. If it were up to me, if get a Turbo. I mean, if I didn't already have my dreamboat 02. 

So dreamy... 

14407085-9EC6-46B7-BAA2-E4874E9E55A4.jpeg

Is that Nevada ?

• Like 1

1973 Tii Turkis

1983 320is Henna

On ‎8‎/‎12‎/‎2007 at 8:20 PM, c.d.iesel said:

..the one with least rust,

runs the best,

brakes strong,

steers straight,

has seats you can sit in for more than an hour.

budget big,

read 02 restoration books,

read all the back threads here,

attend an 02FEST like Lime Rock, CT.(at new location this year) after Labor day and talk to 50+ 02 owners and get edgeamakated.

Happy hunting for any year.

. . . despite often being 10+ years old, c. diesel's advice always seems to be right on the money.

• Like 3

BMW 2002ti. Nothing else.

Try to get a 2002ti. Before, take part in a lottery, sell your house or pick up plenty of money from the bank, preferably by a clean and successful robbery.

In comparison to others a ti doubles the price. Hmm? Nonsense:

rocketeer1_screenshot.thumb.jpg.0a9ec5a23036f52bf511d5405b581f9b.jpg

Wondering if Timothy got it from Paul.

The difference of these two letters makes it all. The ti is the absolute god 02, the crown of the crowns, the cream of the creams, the dream of the dreams.

When you've got a ti the entire 02 crowd will know your name worldwide and you will get daily emails asking if it's for sale.

A ti is what you're looking for.

hen

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, gordon415 said:

Yes, sure is Nevada. 

100% agree that Nevada is the best!!!

VERY sad to depart with my Nevada soon ...

the color is so subtle ... almost chameleon like ... changing with the surroundings every time i look(ed) at it.

Mine is a numbers matching 1600 ... 

I guess it is rare enough that @zinz convinced me to NOT separate the engine from the body ...

so now i'm getting ready to move on ...

here it sits in Austin:

1970 1600-2 VERONA conversion at Moment Motors

49 minutes ago, Geoff Raynak said:

100% agree that Nevada is the best!!!

VERY sad to depart with my Nevada soon ...

the color is so subtle ... almost chameleon like ... changing with the surroundings every time i look(ed) at it.

Mine is a numbers matching 1600 ... 

I guess it is rare enough that @zinz convinced me to NOT separate the engine from the body ...

so now i'm getting ready to move on ...

here it sits in Austin:

That's a beauty! You're totally right about the chameleon-like nature of the Nevada paint color. I was originally looking for an Inka 02 and came across this Nevada and knew it was the car I wanted. It's subtle and looks awesome in a variety of environments. We painted or house dark blue so the 02 would stand out even more. 

I have to agree with Henning for personal reasons, though he didn't mention the need for a loud color like COLORADO to make sure you're seen. It's not rare, it's not sublime but it is loud 1970's. Looks damn good with black and chrome....

Andrew 

1971 2002ti, 1985 E30 320i, 1960 Land Rover 109 Ser 2, 1963 Land Rover 88 Ser 2a, 1980 Land Rover Ser 3 Lightweight 

16 minutes ago, EricB said:

The most sought after 2002 is usually the one that you let get away before.

Eric

Or the one that comes up for sale just after you have already bought another car...

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"