• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

what is sought after year of 2002’s bside the tii, touring

RedHook

Moving the BMW model designation around a little bit:

I would love to own a NK 2000 like this one or a Euro E28 (wait - is this an E12)?

Pictures courtesy of Anders in GB

BMW-National-Festival-2018-29.jpg

BMW-National-Festival-2018-36.jpg

Edited by jgerock

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

50 minutes ago, jgerock said:

Moving the BMW model designation around a little bit:

I would love to own a NK 2000 like this one or a Euro E28 (wait - is this an E12)?

Pictures courtesy of Anders in GB

BMW-National-Festival-2018-36.jpg

Yes, E12. Maybe '81 going by the licence plate.

Here's a '78 that I had waaaay back. Baby-sh&t green.

scan0010.jpg.0de38859cbf262fad59ddc891fcc54bc.jpgscan0009.jpg.db661e5255d29c66027cbed38c0b5a1f.jpg

• Like 2

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

3 minutes ago, 02Les said:

Yes, E12. Maybe '81 going by the licence plate.

Here's a '78 that I had waaaay back. Baby-sh&t green.

scan0010.jpg.0de38859cbf262fad59ddc891fcc54bc.jpgscan0009.jpg.db661e5255d29c66027cbed38c0b5a1f.jpg

Cool ride Les!  Radial T/A's mounted on Western? wheels.  Or maybe those were Enkei?

• Like 1

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

Verona red also happens to be the Feng Shui top BMW Color of all time. And you don't have to take this from the scientific community and years  of painstaking methodical data analysis and research done in double blind crossover Studies by intellectual geeks like Grice Mulligan. 99% of all Zen Asian architects say that you should paint your front door red to bring luck into your house. So if your BMW 2002 is Verona red just think of all the good energy and cosmic Sybaritic functionality that you get every time you drive somewhere. Of course this could all be a self-fulfilling prophecy.

There is, however, no argument as to the aesthetic benefits of the red color. Just ask any Gold chain wearingFerrari/ Porsche driving person from New York and they will tell you that the combination of a cool car and redpaint attracts women. Please no offense is intended to our New York FAQ members of DSCN9142.thumb.JPG.3f5cf3560ba33d07fd3223a22a125e63.JPGDSCN9095.thumb.JPG.1117e0c0ae00e9a0205737b0eb1b869d.JPGgold chain wearing backgrounds.?

DSCN3909.JPG

DSCN3560.JPG

DSCN3533.JPG

DSCN2880.JPG

DSCN2886.JPG

DSCN2898.JPG

DSCN2745.JPG

DSCN1364.JPG

DSCN9169.JPG

• Like 3

The First thing is to have an untroubled mind. The Second thing is to know your purpose. Illigitimati Non Carborundum

3 hours ago, tisalover said:

Verona red also happens to be the Feng Shui top BMW Color of all time. And you don't have to take this from the scientific community and years  of painstaking methodical data analysis and research done in double blind crossover Studies by intellectual geeks like Grice Mulligan. 99% of all Zen Asian architects say that you should paint your front door red to bring luck into your house. So if your BMW 2002 is Verona red just think of all the good energy and cosmic Sybaritic functionality that you get every time you drive somewhere. Of course this could all be a self-fulfilling prophecy.

There is, however, no argument as to the aesthetic benefits of the red color. Just ask any Gold chain wearingFerrari/ Porsche driving person from New York and they will tell you that the combination of a cool car and redpaint attracts women. Please no offense is intended to our New York FAQ members of DSCN9142.thumb.JPG.3f5cf3560ba33d07fd3223a22a125e63.JPGgold chain wearing backgrounds.?

I'll gladly trade my 02 for a Fiat Abarth Zagato double bubble. Verona=City in Northern Italy between Venice and Milan.

Honestly, I have an 02 because there are not many Italian cars I can afford. Guess I'll just have to install an Abarth exhaust and live with it. Yes, I am considering Verona for a respray color. Original color is Sienabraun. Siena, another Italian city south of Florence. No, I won't start a debate on Giovanni Michelotti... The BMW 2002: the next best thing to owning an Italian sports car ?

Edited by joebarthlow

1974 BMW 2002 (Polaris > Sienabraun)

7 hours ago, joebarthlow said:

I'll gladly trade my 02 for a Fiat Abarth Zagato double bubble. Verona=City in Northern Italy between Venice and Milan.

Honestly, I have an 02 because there are not many Italian cars I can afford. Guess I'll just have to install an Abarth exhaust and live with it. Yes, I am considering Verona for a respray color. Original color is Sienabraun. Siena, another Italian city south of Florence. No, I won't start a debate on Giovanni Michelotti... The BMW 2002: the next best thing to owning an Italian sports car ?

Add a set of Pirellis on Borranis, two Carellos, double weber sidedrafts, a Nardi and a green/white/red basecap on the rear tray.

Maybe then those Alfa guys let you talk to them.

hen

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Henning said:

Add a set of Pirellis on Borranis, two Carellos, double weber sidedrafts, a Nardi and a green/white/red basecap on the rear tray.

Maybe then those Alfa guys let you talk to them.

hen

dual Dellortos ;) the factory BMW alloys are based on Cromodora designs. Still need a Nardi (had one in my Bavaria, which has styling influence from Bertone). I can share some POR15 with the Alfa guys! ?

1974 BMW 2002 (Polaris > Sienabraun)

Are you just trying to stir conversation?  :) 

As many have said, they are all desirable.  Every year, every model.  It is certainly personal preference.  

I haven’t seen this answer though.  Not sure you want the best of the best most desirable.  Unless your goal is to have it sit in your garage as a queen.  And then to find the unicorn, well then you probably wouldn’t enjoy driving it.  

These are fun cars to drive and either love it the way you bought it or modify to your fancy.  The possibilities are almost unlimited. 

For me, the early years.  Tampico!!!!!!

CE6039A4-CDED-46B6-88FC-2AB810A296E8.jpeg

• Like 2

Squatch Pads

Lorena Texas

On 8/16/2018 at 12:01 AM, Jimmy said:

Thanks Grice. 

'76 is indeed the best year to own though the best color is the subject of ongoing dispute. Arktisblau, for instance, enjoys the distinction of being the only blue to look its best in direct sunlight as well as on overcast days. It is impossible to ignore while simultaneously being sophisticated and subdued. It's God's own color. 

As for the rest, there are other threads that cover the differences but here are a few high points:

'76s were all equipped with taillights of a design that properly suits the classic 3-box shape of the 02, rather than looking like someone got a discount on some old Ford Galaxie lights and slapped them on.

'76s were equipped with delay wipers, NBD for those in southern climates but a nice convenience for those who get a little wet a lot of the time.

Square tails ('74-'76) have proper bumpers so the morons who park using the braille method don't ruin your day.

'76s have headlight relays so you can see where you're going and are less likely for anyone to mistake your car for one made in Britain.

'76s were equipped with the most comfortable standard seats offered in an 02. They may not be that comfortable after 40 years of degradation but let's not split hairs.

'76s have a unique rear valence that allows the exhaust cut-out to be located correctly for either early or late cars, and it matches the crash repair panel from BMW. If you ever need to replace it, you don't have to scrounge around for a rusty, bent-up used one to match your inferior single-purpose early design.

The Turbo 2002 was offered in square tail only. That should be reason enough. ?

'76s weren't equipped with the complicated, expensive-to-repair fuel injection available in earlier models. If your carbureted car goes from running poorly to not at all, you can have it running poorly again in no time flat by bolting on another sketchy, barely-controlled vacuum/fuel leak from a variety of sources.

'76s have pleasing textured black plastic applied in many areas of in the interior where gaudy chrome was used in earlier models, before they perfected the use of plastic. This includes the horn, window cranks, seat hardware, and others bits. Apart from the pleasing appearance, plastic never rusts, it won't burn you on a sunny day, and it doesn't reflect light back at the driver whether the source is the sun or another drivers headlights.

I could go on extolling the virtues of the '76, but it's not as though it's a matter even up for debate. 

Cheers,

Jimmy

And, recognizing he could not make the ‘02 more perfect, God ended production of the 2002... ?

Except for those pesky 1502 thingies, for the poor people with low octane gas...

Regards,

Steve

• Haha 2

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)